Issue with Customized Print Format

Hi,

Not sure if I’m at the right place. Here is the issue I’m having with printing quotation:

After creating several quotations (some draft, somme submitted {open}), if I try to print one of the quotations, the document will fetch data from the last created quotation, instead of the items from the selected quotation.

Here is the code I use to make the quotation adapted to the client:

{% set row = frappe.get_doc("Quotation Item", doc.quotation_item) %}
{% set u = frappe.get_doc("Quotation", doc.quotation) %}
<table class="table table-sm">
  <thead>
    <tr>
      <th scope="col" width="5%">#</th>
      <th scope="col" width="60%">{{ _("Code") }} / {{ _("Name") }}</th>
      <th scope="col" width="10%" class="text-right">{{ _("Quantity") }}</th>
      <th scope="col width="10%"" class="text-right">{{ _("Amount") }} ({{ doc.currency }})</th>
    </tr>
  </thead>
  <tbody>
  {%- for row in u.items -%}
    <tr>
      <td>{{ row.idx }}</th>
      <td><small class="font-italic">{{ row.item_code }}</small></br>{{ row.description }}</td>
      <td class="text-right">{{ "{:,.0f}".format(row.qty) }} {{ row.stock_uom or "" }} </td>
      <td class="text-right">{{ "{:,.2f}".format(row.net_amount) or "" }} </td>
    </tr>
  {%- endfor -%}
  </tbody>
</table>

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Did I miss something? Or am I completely crazy? (please note that I’m not very familiar with programming language. I basically checked some of the guides and feedbacks in the forums to come up with the format above)

Any input is much appreciated.

Best regards,
AG

There’s no need to do a get_doc if you’re printing a quotation table in a quotation print format , ie. the same doc. get_doc is useful when fetching from a different document.

Just run a loop for the table directly like:

{%- for row in doc.items -%}

Try removing the first two lines using get_doc from the code and then check the print format if it’s fetching the right values.

1 Like

Awesome! Worked like a charm! Thank you for the help!