Issue when setting up production

Hi,

New to bench/ erpnext here. I’m trying to setup bench for production using the official guide here.

But when I run the command sudo bench setup production inside the bench folder I get the error “command not found”. Other bench commands work fine like “bench start”, “bench --version” etc

I have installed bench and erpnext using the Hitchhiker’s guide to installing Frappe on linux

Any pointers as to what am I doing wrong?

have you try sudo bench setup production sitename

Just tried, same issue.

As which user are you running the command?
and in which subdir?

I’m running the command with the user I use to login to the OS, same I used to install everything. The subdir is frappe-bench (I used the default example name from the guide I linked)

So there’s no solution to this? =/

When you did the erpnext setup, did you install the master branch?

bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) --branch master

By default you may have installed the development branch, in which case it’s a tiny bit more tricky to convert to production

I’m pretty sure I installed the master branch since the guide specifically said that that is the recommended route and provided a command for doing that. But just to be certain is there a way to confirm?

Why not just use the easy install script and save yourself the trouble? I have found that sometimes we think we followed the guide step-by-step but we miss maybe one or two steps due to the number of processes we have to execute.

I have run 2 production setup today without issues.

Just a suggestion though.

1 Like

Sure, I could give that a try as this is more of playground thing for now to test out the potential of it. Not that much configuration has been done yet. Could you please link me what you are referring?

EDIT

Is this it?

Yes this is it. As a test situation it is best not to discourage yourself by following a cumbersome installation process. I would suggest taking into account how good ERPNext is as a business software before getting into the nitty gritty of what deployment process you would enjoy more.

I’m already pretty convinced about its value, but I need to make sure that I will be able to make it work the way I need it to as I have a project coming up soon. But you are right, the easy install script is probably the best way to avoid any potential PEBCAK issues :smiley:

1 Like