Issue in Leave Management System

I created a Leave Type as Sick Leave in which 11 leaves are there which are Earned leave.

And I allocated leaves to my employee :-1:

But he is able to apply all 11 leaves at the start of leave period …automatic monthly earning leave system not working.

Did you manually allocate leaves or via the “Grant Leaves” button in the Payroll Period?

When I Granted him from Leave Period he doesnt get any leaves.
And when i assign him from leave Allocation he gets all leaves at the start no earning method.

So, if you grant leaves via payroll period, 0 leaves are located because it is an earned leave. Suppose you have created a Leave Type called XYZ and set it as earned leave. If you have selected Monthly and allocated 24 leaves, then 24/12 months, i.e. 2 leave per month will be allocated.

So if the leave period is 1st Jan to 31st dec, at the end of Jan, i.e. 31st Jan, the system will allocate 2 XYZ leaves to the Employee. Similarly at the end of each month 2 leaves will be allocated and by 31st dec, 24 leaves will be allocated…

Hope this helps!

I created a leave period from 1st January 2020 TO 31st December 2020.
Then created a Sick leave and set it as earned leave. And Granted my employee leaves from Leave Period. Now this is March Month so my employees 3 leaves should be unlocked but its showing 0 leaves.

How many total annual sick leaves did you grant? If it’s 11, the employee should have 2 leaves by now. Can you check if the leave policy is set correctly in the employee master?

Here I created everything again and attaching Screenshots:–

First I created Sick Leave as Earned Leave:-

Then i Created a Leave Period:-

Then I created a Leave Policy:-

Then I assigned Leave Policy and holiday list to my employee.

After that If i Granted Leave To Employee from Leave Period then in his leave Allocation:-

As You Can see 0 Leaves

And Also in his Leave Application You can see he got 0 leaves:-

AND IF I CREATE NEW LEAVE ALLOCATION FROM LEAVE ALLOCATION THEN HE GETS ALL LEAVES “NO EARNED LEAVES METHOD”:–

ALSO IN HIS LEAVE APPLICATION…

NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT MISTAKE I AM DOING???

Now at the end of this month, he should be granted 2 Sick Leaves.

Okay so it Won’t show leaves granted in January and Fabuary…
It will only show leaves of March that too after this month ends.
Thats what you are saying?? Right??

Hi @michelle , can you please advise if this is expected behaviour?

Earned leave allocation does not seem to happen for past months of the Leave Period when Grant is run half way in the period? An allocation record with zero leaves is being created.

Should the allocation for earlier months be manually added?

Yes, add the leaves of past month manually. For the upcoming months, you an use the grant leaves via leave period.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

@michelle a person left the organisation but still the earned leave is calculated every month of that employee any solution for this problem?

Have you set the status of the Employee as left? Could you give us more details like the Relieving Date of Employee and other leave details?

Does it allocate automatically if earned leave is checked to True?