Is offline mode still available in V13

Is offline mode still available in V13 , I cant find it under settings there is nothing but in V12 it is there

There is no offline mode as far as I know…

You can use event streaming in lieu of that in version 13 and above

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v13/user/manual/en/automation/event_streaming

ok thanks , can this work on one site , it looks like it works when there are two sites

Not sure what you mean by one site ??

If you mean a single instance of ERPnext installed locally only accessible to you on your laptop/desktop … its offline in a sense anyway whichever version you use

I mean like using this one as my domain and do event streaming within that same domain (www.showline.live) lets say thats my domain and its running on cloud on AWS can it work because on the instructions it seems as if it works on a setup with different domains

Once you are on the cloud/AWS its accessible for everyone … nothing offline about it.

What exactly is your use case of using offline mode or event streaming ? What are you trying to achieve ?

when internet is down l want to be able to continue selling at point of sale and if possible be able to even do other transcations accounts payable , access accounting module and anything else in ERPNext if there is no internet and when internet is back the system should synchronize

Short answer is No if you only have one (AWS) installation.

You need a local installation eg… where you operate the POS as well.

That’s where event streaming comes in…

In this case even if your internet is down at the POS site…you can still use it and once it’s back again you can sync your transaction back with the main site (AWS installation)

For a detailed explanation of how to do it , you can follow the manual link
https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v13/user/manual/en/automation/event_streaming

Here with events streaming does it work when l have one site , the way its being explained sounds as if l should be having two different sites which will later snyc

Just to add some clarity to the above:

ERPNext itself does not require access to the world wide web. Assuming you can connect to the web server itself, of course. Maybe it’s located on a local LAN. Maybe it’s running in a local Virtual Machine or Docker container.

However you have it, if you can login, you can perform -most- tasks. Accounting, Purchase, Sales, Manufacturing, etc.

Exceptions:

• Internet access is unfortunately required during (most) Installations.
  • ERPNext needs access to the public internet to send Emails, of course.
  • When it’s time to renew TLS certificates (e.g. Let’s Encrypt) that will require an internet connection.
  • Certainly you cannot update/upgrade or download code from GitHub without it.
  • Point of Sale : I have zero experience with ERPNext POS. So I’m unsure how if/how handles offline mode. But sounds like there are some dependencies/requirements to make that happen.

The Erpnext is running on cloud AWS and the point of sale modules in V12 have offline mode

In version 12 as far as I understand only POS has offline mode, the data is temporarily stored in the browser cache once you lose the connection. Then when its back the data is synced back to the Cloud AWS… One problem here by some unfortunate circumstance your browser cache is cleared … you loose everything.

In version 13, this has been enhanced with Event Streaming ( which uses a Producer - Consumer Model)… you can sync any document type. Keeping your same setup… the Cloud AWS installation (www.showline.live) of your ERPNext is called the Producer (where you have all the main data stored.) .

The only extra step here is you will need to also have a local setup of ERPNext at the POS side. This will act as the Consumer (lets say that POS is called store1.showline.live… of course you can have a separate domain name for this site or use Dynamic DNS or even the IP address of this POS site can be used.) Here you can setup the ERPNext to only have say POS and accounting Module and sales Module which is another advantage of using this kind of setup.

The Store can be independent and have its own accounting module , POS, (if you want even HR, payroll.) etc … syncing its data with the main Cloud.
So if you loose internet connectivity … the data is saved to the local database of the ERPNext installation. And once the internet is back, all the sales invoices are synced back to the Cloud

1 Like

Thanks let me look into it l think this is the best solution

try localhost in want to use erpnext as offline