Is it possible to make changes on a submitted document without Cancelling it?

I needed to make a change on some Conditions I wrote on a submitted salary structure.
I downloaded the salary structure through the Import option,(I set the import type as *Update Existing Records and tick the Submit After Import Button) then I opened the CSV and make changes on the particular components that I needed to change it’s condition
When I tried importing it back, the system was showing below error message as shown in the pics attached. System%20error%201

Please what could be the problem? How else can I make changes on a submitted form without cancelling it?

You can’t from the Web Interface. The only way is to update things at the database level, which may pose other problems and issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Thank you. But this is really not cool. So whenever i want to adjust or add a component on a salary structure, i have to;
First Cancel Salary Structure assignment linked to the structure
Then Cancel the structure,
Then Amend the structure,
Then Submit again
The re-assign the Employee back to the structure.

That’s a little too long to do especially when you have quite a huge number of employees
There supposed to be a way to add or remove something in a submitted structure without having to cancel your structure assignment and the structure itself

Yes, I agree! It’s difficult to manage the structures. But that’s only till you get it right. Also it helps if you have a handful of structures catering for the entire employee base. A few of my clients have a separate structure for each employee (because they don’t have consistency in their salary components) and they too find it challenging to manage the payroll process.

It’s possible to build a parallel path to the Payroll Process where you can run Payroll Based on Draft Salary Structure and Salary Structure Assignments, but many of the controls that are enforced by ERPNext will need to built in by the user.

My thoughts:

Align Salary Structure
Invest the time and energies to get it right the first time

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Thank you @JayRam ,

You understood my plight.
So, is it possible today to assign an employee to a DRAFT structure (Structure that has not been submitted)

Yes it is possible, but a parallel payroll process will have to be built and will mean significant customizations.

Thanks

Jay