Is it possible to hide the item rate in Delivery Note item document from Material User only?

I need to hide the prices from the warehouse user rso he can deal only with quantities, but at the same time I need the Material Manager to be able to put the prices (item rate).

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, you can hide any field for any specific Role.

Steps:

1. Assign a higher "Permlevel" (let's say 5) to "Item Rate" field in "Delivery Note Item" from Setup–> Customize Forms

2. From Setup --> Permission Manager, select "Delivery Note"
  3. Assign "Read" and "Write" permission against new "Permlevel" for all roles who can view and edit "Item Rate" field
  4. No permission for warehouse user against that "Permlevel"
  5. Clear Cache and refresh the system

Please try the above and let us know.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM, HF <h....@gmail.com> wrote:
I need to hide the prices from the warehouse user rso he can deal only with quantities, but at the same time I need the Material Manager to be able to put the prices (item rate).

Hi Nabin Hait

Yes you are right, but this only makes it read only and viewable to user, I need to hide it from the screen so the warehouse user can’t see any prices.

Hisham (HF)

HI Hisham,

You are right, it is not working for child table, yet working smoothly for main form.

Please create a Issue in Github (https://github.com/webnotes/wnframework/issues)

Thank you for pointing out the issue.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, HF <h…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Nabin Hait

Yes you are right, but this only makes it read only and viewable to user, I need to hide it from the screen so the warehouse user can't see any prices.

Hisham (HF)

Hi Nabin Hait;

Thank you, posted.

Hi Nabin,

I would also love to see a solution to this problem. Till now I have not given direct access of the ERP to my material pickup guyz only because of this very reason that they see a lot of fields which they are not concerned with.

Hiding the unnecessary fields from some roles would make it easier for those roles to use the ERP since I always believe that more the fields then more are the chances of mistakes.

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:01:38 PM UTC+5:30, HF wrote:

Hi Nabin Hait;

Thank you, posted.

Aditya,

We will fix it in our upcoming version (next month or so).

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 11-Aug-2012, at 8:03 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Nabin,

I would also love to see a solution to this problem. Till now I have not given direct access of the ERP to my material pickup guyz only because of this very reason that they see a lot of fields which they are not concerned with.

Hiding the unnecessary fields from some roles would make it easier for those roles to use the ERP since I always believe that more the fields then more are the chances of mistakes.

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:01:38 PM UTC+5:30, HF wrote:
Hi Nabin Hait;

Thank you, posted.