Is it possible to copy item, information, quantity and price from SO to PO

Hello, as the the topic header says, Is it possible to copy the item, information, quantity and price from a Sales Order to a Purchase Order? I give a Sales Order to a customer and once they sign off, i then generate a Purchase Order to my supplier for that item. It would be nice to just pull the same info from the Sales Order to the PO and then I just adjust the price manually on the PO. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance.

Hello Brian,

Once your SO is submitted, there a button to create a Material Request, and after that another to create a PO (or a supplier quotation).

SO > Material request > PO

I have the same requirement because I need to link my SOs to my POs… I think the other option is to create a custom script. I’ll look into it so it saves a step (and we don’t have to re-enter the date on the material request)

Thanks mouuuton. I will look at the Material Request process and appreciate your advice. I am useless with any form of custom script so it you do come across a solution to miss out the Material Request step and are willing to share that, it would be most appreciate. Thanks again.

Button ‘Make Material Request’ is available on submitted sales order. By using this button we can create Material Request from Sales Order. and Button ‘Make Purchase Order’ is available on ‘Material Request’ form. By Using ‘Make Purchase Order’ button we can create Purchase Order from Material Request.

Steps:
1.First Create ‘Sales Order’.
2.Create Material Request from Sales Order.
3.Create Purchase Order from Material Request.

Geetanjali Shitole
New Indictrans Technology Pvt. Ltd

Would it be possible to fetch the data from an unsubmitted SO and to skip the material request step?

You need to customize to do that.