Is it advisable to setup ERPNext 14 on a VPS which already has ERPNext 13 Production running in Docker container?

I have a VPS on which ERPNext is setup using Docker and it is working.

Now that ERPNext 14 is released I want to install it but outside Docker container.

Is it advisable to setup ERPNext 14 on a VPS which already has ERPNext 13 Production running in Docker container?

Regards,

It is not advisable.
Do not touch your production setup until they pass on your test and staging instance.
If you use frappe_docker you can create a second bench where you can do the install.

1 Like

Actually Docker is a very technical for me to understand and modify.

And I feel that attachment uploading is very very slow when ERPNext is running in Docker container.

That is why I am thinking of installing latest version of ERPNext manually following various tutorials that are already available in this forum.

But what I need to understand is that it is advise able to install Frappe Bench outside the Docker Container when one is already running inside a Docker Container?

If installed will it interfere with already running docker image of ERPNext?

Regards,

docker setup uses ports 443 and 80 on your vm.

setting up a bench and doing bench start should work. (developer mode will work)

once you have bench setup, copy the site files from docker volume to bench’s sites directory and restore the database on new installed bench.

clean up docker setup.

setup production mode after docker setup stops using port 80 and 443 or it’ll not work.

1 Like