Is Installation working for Frappe Version 11.1.15?

I keep getting the following error while trying to install a fresh instance of frappe-bench:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/saurabh/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 183, in _run_module_as_main
        mod_name, mod_spec, code = _get_module_details(mod_name, _Error)
      File "/home/saurabh/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 109, in _get_module_details
        __import__(pkg_name)
      File "/home/saurabh/Documents/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
        from .utils.jinja import (get_jenv, get_template, render_template, get_email_from_template, get_jloader)
      File "/home/saurabh/Documents/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/__init__.py", line 83
        def validate_email_address(email_str, throw=False):

Getting the older version of frappe solved my problem. Go to apps/frappe

git checkout 1a25daf6c108a66d37d76c11df09f9c7e973494a

then go back to frappe-bench

Same Here !

There’s an extra space in the referenced init file.

Python is as touchy about spaces/tabs as the dude in Silicon Valley.

I fixed and reran bench update, but it basically just pulls the same file down and errors again. It suggested to do a git pull/git stash/git yomama, but honestly I don’t have time for all that. It’ll be fixed shortly, I’m sure.

2 Likes

@rmehta This seems like a bug.

Nah. Someone just grazed the space bar as they were flying through. Be fixed in no time if it isn’t already.

bugs are ideally being reported on github

Pull requests were already submitted on GitHub this morning. Now we’re waiting for a merge into master.

@vrms Wouldn’t it be great if we had an LTS installation, so we weren’t impacted by bugs? :wink:

I don’t “think” bench allows you to name a specific commit, when you install frappe. Branch, yes. I’ll take a look at the code. Maybe we should add that capability, if it doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

can you share the issue on github?

nvm. found it: fix: indentation error in validate_email_address by khadijazaki · Pull Request #7110 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

Raised an issue: Frappe Version 11.1.15 Installation problem · Issue #16989 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub
But I think there were duplicate issues

“IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level”

Please merge to master ASAP. The system cannot be used since yesterday…

Aren’t we testing the code before merge?

1 Like

The issue was introduced by the PR: fix: proxied 'validate_email_add' by sahil28297 · Pull Request #7104 · frappe/frappe · GitHub
This issue has been resolved with the latest release: Release Release v11.1.16 · frappe/frappe · GitHub