Inventory management with multiple attributes

HI everyone!
I am a trader of packaging films (BOPP and Polyester). The product is classified in various variants (like if it s treated or untreated, heatsealable or not, color of the film etc.)
I have made separate variant in the given type of films.
However now the challange is to maintain my inventory.
Each customer require different size for each type of film. And there can be numerous sizes for each variant of film and each size has various units. However, the invoicing (both purchase and sale) is done in per kg) . Hence i need a way to maintain my stock in both units and weight .
Till now we do it manually or on excel. by creating a table
there is a separate sheet for each variant and the we add or subtract the number of units vertically and total weight for one transaction horizontally
i have tried to create an example in below image. Kindly guide me

Please don’t use variants. Set up a separate product for each Stock Keeping Unit. Each Type of Film, Each Thickness and Each Type (Heattreated, Treated and Heatsealeable, Non-HeatSeleable becomes a separate item.

For now, maintain UoM in Kgs. ERPNext will need to be customized for you to get a report based on both Units and Kgs. I have other clients that have the same requirement.

Add Heat Treated, Treated, Heat Sealeable and and Non-Heat Sealeable as item groups, so that you can get the total stock along those metrics in your stock balance report.

Thanks

Jay

Hi JayRam Ji
Thank you for your reply. I will create new products rather than using
variants. But the application is of limited use for me until i can maintain
my inventory under same platform where i do purchase and sell. I was using
Busy accounting software till now, and it faced similar issues. How or
from where can i get it customized?

Anshul

You can create a bounty for this feature and fund it. Others that like the feature will contribute to the bounty and if the amount is big enough some developer will pick up the bounty and make the modifications. Or Frappe themselves will.

Search POS bounty on the community and you will see how it works.

Thanks

Jay