Inventory, Kit label printing

Hello,
I’m wondering if there is capability within ERPNext for printing inventory labels (e.g., to affix to stock boxes) and also for labeling parts kits that we send off to contract manufacturers.

or, is there some way to do this with middle-ware or by exporting data to another app?

I’ve been contemplating a switch to ERPNext for a couple of years now and something like this would really help me make the decision to jump in with both feet.

Thanks!

Garett

just bumping here to see if anyone has an answer…

Thanks!

It can be printed as barcode sticker. You may need to make print format as per your liking. Zebra barcode printer is normally used by all our clients to print stickers with item name, barcode, company name and price. This is a custom print format hence you have to define your own as per the need.

1 Like

You can try raw printing:

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v13/user/manual/en/setting-up/print/raw-printing

I guess that’s what even @Muzzy is referring to.

1 Like

For inventory or likewise printing, you can definatly use the trusted Munbyn thermal label printer for sure with highest speed and quality.

While the Munbyn printer would likely make labels just fine, I fear it would not be sufficient to do any repetitive task for very long before premature failure. it was meant to be a low volume printer.

However, I have seen real Zebra printers perform exceptionally well even in difficult environments.

For example, I used to supply a very old model of Zebra desktop printer to hospitals for printing specimen labels. I believe they were model TLP-2844 and TLP-3844 printers. That was over ten years ago and many of those printers are still churning out hundreds of labels per day with no loss of quality.

I still have used ones that have many millions of labels tallied in their firmware counter that I keep around for emergency deployment when other brands of printers break down.

Not all printers are created equally and the old Zebras were a testament to durability.

However, as always,

Your Mileage May Vary!! :sunglasses:

BKM