Introducing Dashboard

The documentation for ERPNext hasn’t been updated yet but you can see the PR for Docs here to get started

1 Like

thank you @adityahase.

i saw and checked this already. but i cant seem to locate “Places”. This is where i am stuck. See screen shot
creDash

Getting there is the Issue

Now I can setup dashboard page. Thank you very much.
And I make video how to make dashboard page

https://youtu.be/zqeETh9r9oE

8 Likes

Thank You @vinhnguyent090

Very helpful

1 Like
  1. not sure how this relates to this Topic
  2. if you’d search for that term here on the forum you may see that this seems not to be working always
  3. beta.erpnext.com should be the platform that has the develop version (v12 as of now)running where demo.erpnext.com should be (if it worked) a demo of the current stable version (v11 as of now)

I’m not having much luck getting this to work. In your video, at around 50 seconds, you show a code window labeled config for the chart source. I assume this is to create the js file.

However, when I navigate to the same place, there’s no such window.

I’m logged in as admin and I’ve enabled developer mode but I’m not sure how to prove that developer mode is actually working. The developer card doesn’t show up on my desktop but it does show up on the desktop of another user.

To be clear, the given example does work but I can’t seem to create a new custom chart source without going to a terminal and creating the js file manually. This doesn’t seem like the way it’s intended to work and I suspect something is broken for me.

@Rich_Hampton Account Balance Timeline is a Dashboard Chart Source

I’m afraid the video is outdated because of frappe#7243, erpnext#17194. The contents of the config fields were recently moved to account_balance_timeline.js

What is it that you are trying to accomplish? Trying to use the Account Balance Timeline source to create a Dashboard Chart? Or trying to create a custom Dashboard Chart Source? You don’t have to be Administrator or switch the Developer Mode on for the former.

Is it possible to have as timespan the current year / month / week ?

I was attempting to get data from a field in a custom doctype and put it on a chart (one way or the other). If I pick this custom doctype for Document Type as a dashboard chart and also choose average as Chart Type, then the Value Based On doesn’t see any of the fields from the custom doctype…that is, the drop-down is unpopulated.

Also, If I try to make a custom Chart Type, then of course it wants a chart source - right? So, I make a new chartsource and set that. As soon as I save it, it throws an error dialog telling me that the newChartSource.js file is missing.

I’m confused about what the chart source is supposed to do as it merely seems to point to a module.

The field to be chosen inside Value Based On has to be of type ‘Int’, ‘Float’, ‘Currency’ or ‘Percent’. Are you sure that your Custom DocType has at least one of these?

That must be the problem. I don’t have any of those data types in the custom doctype. I’d love to correct it and test but my ability to edit doctypes has suddenly become broken and I get the same error as reported here.

@Rich_Hampton Update ERPNext to the latest version 12.1.1 - the bug with the doctype editing was fixed ( promptly I have to add ).

1 Like

Nice!

Any plan to make the dashboard accept none graph content, like textual statistics, something like this:

11 Likes

@RWEMA_Aimable MetaBase could possibly do this. You could try to embedd it a custom page.

It can and it could be embedd in a custom page.

i’ve done this a few months ago…

what about just incorporating another awesome open source project http://redash.io? It does all the things with dashboards layouts etc. I integrated into our own home grown reporting engine, and now we usually do it all in redash and publish - It is going through a rewrite for python3/ rq at the moment tho.

@cjpit see this PR:

Core frappe team decided not to include this into core because the Dashboard API is still being refactored and may undergo a lot of changes.

1 Like

Oh nice, yeah that’s similar to what I was thinking…
Right tool for the right job :wink: