Integrated Notifications Center

So then deleting all the .pyc’s resolved these correct?

…And the troublesome custom alert, yes. Of course i needed to run bench build.

1 Like

Beautifuless new function…thank you!
But is possible to disable this notification (usually when user do a login)?

Sys Admin shared a document User “Name Surname” with you

I like the configurability of this new function.

But why are open documents by default always collapsed? There are many users who have used the badge to quickly navigate to other relevant documents. This was click badge - click on doctype (2 clicks), now it is click on notification center, click to expand open documents, click on doctype (3 clicks). I know it seems like this is only one click, but 100 times one additinal click per day is just not efficient.

Why not have open documents always expanded? Or have configurable what is expanded? When I click enabled → unchecked, there is actually no impact…

Is this really stable? I believe this should rather be in a testing branch…

@prssannad Okay, so the new notification Center breaks all default Email Alerts configured. For instance, instead of a new user receiving the “Welcome to Company Name” Email Notification, what they receive is

Subject: Administrator shared a document User User Name with you

This is not good. While the effort to consolidate notification is good, defaulting all standard email alerts to this essentially renders customized notifications useless. Please this should be reversed.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @flexy2ky. Wow, this is highly critical! How can a new breaking feature be introduced yet again in a minor (actually only bugfix) version release? Fully agree on reverting this, classical email alerts are in place in so many cases, reinventing this is a huge hurdle for companies using ERPNext…

Please, put new features into a testing branch…

Noticed this as well. I’ve got about more than a hundred “New Document Shared” emails.

This new notification system needs more polishing :slight_smile:

@flexy2ky @lasalesi , It doesn’t break default Email Alerts configured; the user still receives the Welcome email.
I’ve created a PR that prevents the sending of “Subject: Administrator shared a document User User Name with you” email though, thanks for pointing it out :+1:
As a workaround for now you can disable email notifications for Document Share from Notification Settings (Default email alerts configured will still be received).

How come the Leave Application etc are all the way in the bottom, hidden (collapsed), and does not ring a bell in the notification system :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@prssannad Nope, did not work. I unchecked the Shared document alert, created a new user and yes, user received the standard welcome email, accompanied by 3 document shared alerts.

As a general remark, could we have such ground-breaking news in a develop branch (version-13) or something? Keep in mind that potentially some people are working on version-12…

@prssannad If i may suggest, you should make the notification settings global. Not all users have the time or patience to go setup notifications and the system admin cannot go to each and every user to disable notification types.

@prssannad I see that this PR has been merged into develop branch. It doesn’t fix the document share issue for me since it’s in develop. Any chance this could be merged in Version 12 or any tips on how I can pull the merge to my instance? This shared document mail is a pain and still occurs even though the shared document is unchecked in notifications settings.

@prssannad any chance you could tell me how to reverse this integrated notifications feature? It is constituting a major concern as multiple documents are now being shared for a single action. And this is in spite of the notifications being disabled.

@flexy2ky the issue should be fixed now, but if you do not want notifications at all you can always disable system notifications through Notification Settings

Not sure if this new feature is causing this error:

Not allowed for User: Administrator. Restricted field: user User yvonneteo@ttf333.cc does not have access to this document
Insufficient Permission for Notification Settings yvonneteo@ttf333.cc

This error will pop up every time during login and page reload.

Previously encounter this problem in ERPNext: v12.2.2, Frappe Framework: v12.0.20 as posted here V12.2.2 Notification Settings User Permission Error

Encounter this again in ERPNext: v12.3.1, Frappe Framework: v12.1.0 after I restricted the user’s permission (as shown below)

I tried to workaround this error by setting the user permission for this User for both value, ‘yvonneteo@ttf333.cc’ & ‘Administrator’ as shown below, but it didn’t work

Hi @prssannad Although the Notifications Center changes a bit in v13, I can’t see the documents I configured in Subscribed Document, I don’t see any post with the same query and I couldn’t see an image of how these open documents look in V13.

Thank you very much.

Does anyone use the Notification settings? I could never see in V13 to show me somewhere in the bell the open documents I set up.

Same here

I have tried every variation of the guidance on setting up System Notifications but nothing works (emails work just fine). The only thing I’ve left is trying to do it in code. Am I missing something?

still not getting anything, like a nun :expressionless:

1 Like