Installation of Frappe using Bench

Hello,
first, please excuse my harsh words, but after hours of navigating pitfalls I’m somewhat out of patience.

So, what’s up with Frappe and Bench? Shouldn’t a command line tool simplify the whole process of deploying an instance?

First, bench tries to execute node where nodejs should be called. Then it complains about an unexpected token in frappe-bench/apps/frappe/rollup/build.js

Further investigation reveals that destructuring is only completely supported in NodeJS v 6.14.2 and upwards while a fresh Debian 9 stable includes only v4.8.2. If a software uses some features not included in a current release of a supported platform – can’t anybody state the required software versions? It’s not that difficult.

I will now follow Home · frappe/frappe Wiki · GitHub and see how far I’ll get. But the installation instructions on GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps are crap.

Masin

You can contribute to improve them, this is an Open Source project where community contributes to documentation, code etc. Also, I have been able to successfully install using the instructions stated on the above link.

Kindly share the error message you are getting if you are having problems in installation, someone from community should be able to give you some pointers

2 Likes