Installation of erpnext on windows platform

Hi,

Can I install ERPNEXT on windows platform?
Looking for the support for the same.

Regards
Manish


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Web Notes Framework Forum” group.
To post to this group, send email to wn...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wnframework+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wnframework?hl=en.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:17 AM, manish ma...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Can I install ERPNEXT on windows platform?
Looking for the support for the same.

Regards
Manish

Hi,
Well, you can be the first one to get that working. Theoretically, it
can be done. The only *nixy (I guess) thing that is used is the cron
daemon (and it should not be very difficult to put it on a daemon that
works on Windows).

Steps would be:

Install WAMP server ( Windows Apache MySql PHP Stack). (
http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php )
install Python ( http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.2/python-2.7.2.msi )
Install Setup tools ( http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools )
Configure httpd.conf ( TO get to that file, I guess there is an option
when you right click on WAMP’s logo in system tray )
Change shebang lines everywhere to your install dir of python (tedious task).
Run install.py ( if there are missing modules, use setuptools
(easy_install) to install them )

However, it will be very easy for you to install Ubuntu ( you can run
it as a Virtual Machine on Windows itself ) and install it there.

Regards,

Pratik

Hi Pratik,

thanks for the info.
For Ubuntu:
does it installation of wubi or the virtualbox?
Can you share link for the download and installation?

Regards
Manish

On 7/20/11, Pratik Vyas pd...@gmail.com wrote:

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:17 AM, manish ma...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Can I install ERPNEXT on windows platform?
Looking for the support for the same.

Regards
Manish

Hi,
Well, you can be the first one to get that working. Theoretically, it
can be done. The only *nixy (I guess) thing that is used is the cron
daemon (and it should not be very difficult to put it on a daemon that
works on Windows).

Steps would be:

Install WAMP server ( Windows Apache MySql PHP Stack). (
http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php )
install Python ( http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.2/python-2.7.2.msi )
Install Setup tools ( http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools )
Configure httpd.conf ( TO get to that file, I guess there is an option
when you right click on WAMP’s logo in system tray )
Change shebang lines everywhere to your install dir of python (tedious
task).
Run install.py ( if there are missing modules, use setuptools
(easy_install) to install them )

However, it will be very easy for you to install Ubuntu ( you can run
it as a Virtual Machine on Windows itself ) and install it there.

Regards,

Pratik


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“Web Notes Framework Forum” group.
To post to this group, send email to wn...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
wnframework+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/wnframework?hl=en.


Sent from my mobile device


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Web Notes Framework Forum” group.
To post to this group, send email to wn...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wnframework+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wnframework?hl=en.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM, MANISH SHAH sh...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Pratik,

thanks for the info.
For Ubuntu:
does it installation of wubi or the virtualbox?

Wubi is not required if you want to run it on VM.
You have to install VirtualBox if you want it on a Virtual Machine

Can you share link for the download and installation?

The source code is available at https://github.com/webnotes
Once you get your OS running, you should install git and clone from
github as pulling changes will be painless ( project activity is very
high ).

Regards
Manish

Also, I’ll update INSALL.txt by today if any changes are required.

Pratik