Try ERPNext Try Frappe Cloud Buy Support Partners Foundation

Install v13 Production on Ubuntu 20.04 VPS - This is how I did it "Easy Install" script

Okay,

I promised I would post the steps I used to get this done and here they are:

On a clean fresh server on “root” login make sure to add a user for the ERPNext install…
(Obviously replace [USER] with your username everywhere in this posting)

adduser [USER]
usermod -aG sudo [USER]

Then while still logged in as root, update the system to the latest packages…

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

Now, logout as the root user and login with the new user you just created. Perform the following steps:

export LC_ALL=C.UTF-8

sudo apt install git libffi-dev python-pip python3-minimal build-essential python3-distutils pythion3-setuptools libssl-dev wkhtmltopdf

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/develop/install.py

sudo python3 install.py --verbose --production --user [USER] --mariadb-version 10.5 --frappe-branch version-13 --erpnext-branch version-13

The above method is mostly taken from @martin42 and tweaked to work best for me on RackNerd VPS servers here in the US. The install worked flawlessly with no errors and I have done it now 3 times on 3 different servers in 3 different cities. Very pleased with the result.

One caution…

Do NOT get impatient. Once you hit the return key after starting the install.py script the process took just over 2 hours on my small servers (3vCPU, 3.5gbRAM, 60GBssd)

The result was the same on all 3 identical servers in 3 different cities. There was not more than 10 minutes difference between the install times across all of them.

As Always… Your Milage May Vary! :sunglasses:

Hope this helps someone else.

BKM

4 Likes

Hello,
I want to upgrade erpnext 12 to 13 in ubuntu 20.04.would you please tell me

adduser [USER]
usermod -aG sudo [USER]
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
export LC_ALL=C.UTF-8

sudo apt install git libffi-dev python-pip python3-minimal build-essential python3-distutils pythion3-setuptools libssl-dev wkhtmltopdf

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/develop/install.py

sudo python3 install.py --verbose --production --user [USER] --mariadb-version 10.5 --frappe-branch version-13 --erpnext-branch version-13

are there any extra steps please advise…

Thanks
Ehasun

Sorry @ehasun.

The process I outlined above is NOT for upgrading from one version to another. It is ONLY for installing a new system. The upgrade process is available from other users on the forum if you search for: “Upgrade to v13” Use the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the screen.

~BKM

Thanks @bkm .
Would you please tell me Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS is ok to install erpnext 13 according to your steps ?

Thanks
Ehasun

Yes, it is.

~BKM