Install erpnext app cannot import module Process Statement Of Accounts

I am trying to install erpnext and I am having serious troubles. I havent’t managed yet and I am about to quit.
After searching a lot I haven’t manage to solve the following error.

Installing erpnext...                                                                                   
Updating DocTypes for erpnext       : [=                    ]
An error occurred while installing erpnext:                                                                                     
Module import failed for Process Statement Of Accounts 
(erpnext.accounts.doctype.process_statement_of_accounts.process_statement_of_accounts 
Error: cannot import name 'format_date' from 'frappe.utils' (/home/erppandosia/frappe 
bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/__init__.py))

Hey! please don’t quite. in this community lots of supportive information.

BTW, can you provide Server Details? so anyone can share the solution in this regard.

My release is:

Distributor ID: Ubuntu                                                                                                                                                                                             
Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS                                                                                                                                                                                 
Release:        16.04                                                                                                                                                                                              
Codename:       xenial 

pip -V
pip 20.2.2 from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip (python 2.7)

pip3 -V
pip 20.2.2 from /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pip (python 3.7)

python -V
Python 2.7.12

python3 -V
Python 3.7.9

mariadb -V
mariadb  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.5.5-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

I have tried this and currently working fine.

I could go through the steps you gave and I will come back if I face any problem.

I din’t name the user frappe. I used another name instead, but I would not expect that this would influence the installation.

I’m facing the same issue. Pulled ~3hrs ago.
Running on Raspberry Pi OS.

Branch 12 was running with no issues

Had similar problem just now. Found that ERPNext was unintentionally installed from develop branch.

I used bench init --frappe-branch version-12 to start my environment on version-12 and then used bench install-app erpnext which installed develop version .

Seems like manually installed bench(instead of using pip install frappe-bench) will now pull develop branch unless a branch name is explicitly specified. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

1 Like

After overcoming a few problems (which I will document them in case somebody makes use of them) I managed to finally install branch 12. However I face another problem during setup wizard.
At the final step of setting up the Organization I get an internal server error.Anmerkung%202020-09-09%20163850

At the same time I check the messages in the terminal and I receive the following message.

This message says: Failed to enqueue events for site: and is related to /erpnext.accounts.doctype.account.chart_of_accounts.chart_of_accounts.validate_bank_account

Unfortunately I have not found relative errors to mine neither in the discussion forum nor in google.
Did anyone come across such an error?

I removed the app erpenxt and reinstalled it. It’s working ! After 4 days I managed…