Incoming and In-Process Inspection

Any Idea about how to do Incoming Inspection?
And what about In-Process Inspection?

Hi,

Inspection Required: If an incoming inspection (at the time of delivery from
the Supplier) is mandatory for Item, mention “Inspection Required” as
“Yes”. The system will ensure that a Quality Inspection will be prepared and
approved before a Purchase Receipt is submitted.

Inspection Criteria: If a Quality Inspection is prepared for Item, then
this template of criteria will automatically be updated in the Quality
Inspection table of the Quality Inspection. Examples of Criteria are: Weight,
Length, Finish etc.

Refer Link:-Not Found

Shraddha Ranjane
New Indictrans Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

1 Like

That is fine Shaddha but, which form will be used for the same? I mean I want to know the nevigation.

If the only purchase receipt form will be used for the same, then is that mean that the same time the inspection person can do the purchase receipt or in case or inspection required yes, this is to be done in 2 phases.

Ruchin,

Please check:

https://erpnext.com/user-guide/manufacturing/quality-inspection

While creating Quality Inspection, you can mention whether it is for new
purchases, or for in-process item.

Hi,
Ruchin sir,

Follow some steps
Steps :-

1. First Go to “Item” form->Create new item i.e CD
    2.Go to "Inspection Criteria"section
  2. Inspection Required =Yes-> Add Parameter and Acceptance criteria
    4.save form.
    5.Create Purchase order for that item
    6.“Make purchase Receipt” ->save it
    7.It will show Pop up “Quality Inspection is required”
    (you can go two way either from Stock Module(Go to "Stock"module-> Tools-> Quality Inspection) OR At the time of creating Purchase Receipt->
    go to Item table Grid-> Add new Row-> "Quality Inspection"link field is available.create new from that field also)
    8.create new QI->
  • Select Inspection Type and Enter All details
  • Go to Specification Details
    -Click on " Get Specification Details"button
  • All parameter get fetched
    -Open that and enter reading and select status
    -save That form ,it will save with Series " QI-00001"
    9.then You can save “Purchase Receipt” form
1 Like

Hello,

How to do finished product quality inspection? Only Purchase Receipt allow quality inspection that surely is ‘Incoming’. Is there any way to make a quality inspection for Finished Goods. Based on the inspection report, I want to segregate ACCEPTED FINISHED GOODS from REJECTED FINISHED GOODS. Thank You.

Hi Mubeen and Shraddha,

Wondering if you have any idea on steps if we want to do for outgoing and in-process. It seems to me is not linked to Production Order. And even for outgoing, I cant seems to populate the Delivery note or from Sales Order information.

Thanks
Boon Yar

Here is how you should manage it.

1. Create a manufacturing entry for the total qty of Production Order,
  2. Create Quality Inspection record and select type as “In Process”
  3. Transfer rejected item to the rejected warehouse.

Against Production Order, manufacture entry should be created for full qty as in Production Order, including rejected. This is because, if manufacture entry is created for the verified items only, then Production Order will show as open / outstanding. Since raw-material has been consumed for the manufacturing of finished item as well, manufacture entry should be created for those items as well.

1 Like

Hi Umair,

Thanks for your quick response. Sorry I am pretty new to ERPNext so I actually have more fundamental query before even going into rejection.

Regards to QI for In-Process:

When you mention create a manufacturing entry, do you mean by creating a Production Order?

Also I am wondering do we create Quality Inspection independently or can’t we initiate a Quality Inspection record directly say upon creating a Production Order.

Regards to QI for Outgoing:

For the case of QI for Outgoing, I realised when I simulate creating an QI from DN, it does not auto populate the details from my DN to the QI record. I was expecting it could at least auto populate the following into QI record:

1. Type = Outgoing
  2. DocType = Delivery Note (since I initiated it from a DN)
  3. Doc Number = Delivery Note Number (since I initiated it from a DN)

Thanks for any enlightenment!
Boon Yar, Aeris

Hi Umair,

What I have done is I customize the Production Order Item form to add in the Quality Inspection Link such that this QI field is exposed in the item in production order. However, I could not make it to auto populate the values from the items after I select the Create New QI. I need some advise on this part… could it be customise script?

Thanks
Boon Yar

Hello shraddha,

I have create one purchase receipt. i have to save it and submit it . i save it but unable to submit it having an message appear " Quality Inspection required for Item STO-ITEM-19-20-00017 to submit"

for that i am going to quality inspection and create one quality inspection and submit it then i am able to submit the purchase receipt…

Due some reason i have to return this item for that in purchase receipt at right hand side one button in that option is available return … i click on that return then again one purchase receipt form is open …and in is return box is check so when i click on submit then it again display the message quality inspection is required…i dont this again when i return the item …have any idea how i resolve this

Thanks