In Repack/Manuf calculate finished good rate from source raw materials

Hello
We are using Stock Entry features Repack and Manufacture. In these documents, we add source raw material (with source WH) and final finished good (with target WH).

But the finished good basic rate is fetched from valuation rate, and the document shows that Total Difference value is not 0, (incoming - outgoing). As raw material rates keep changing and valuation of finished goods dont always match with raw material sum.

Is there a way that the finished good basic amount is automatically calculated from the source raw materials and updated so that the difference value is 0. This way the valuation rate of the finished goods get the right value when raw materials rate change

As a work around what we are doing is that, we are adding all the source raw materials cost and setting this value in the finished good basic amount, everytime we are doing a new repack/manuf.

Is there a better way to do this. Is there an option to do this automatically. Pls let us know.

If you add valuation rate manually, then it will be given priority over system generated valuation rate.

https://frappe.erpnext.com/kb/stock/how-valuation-rate-is-calculated-for-an-item

Thanks @umair .
But in a manufacture/repack, shouldnt the finished good value be equal to sum of raw materials in that docType.

Assume Finished good FG is made of raw materials R1 and R2 whose valuation rate is 100 and 50 respectively. Assume that the valuation rate in the system for FG is currently 200/-. Now if i create a stock entry with manuf, it shows difference amount of 50/-.
I would think that the FG rate in this document should be calculated based on R1 and R2 valuation rates. As this is the genuine rate.

May be a checkbox should be given in the manuf/repack docs, to set the finished good basic rate to the sum of raw materials, so that difference amount = 0. Then if there are any additional charges that can be added below in the additional charges section.

1 Like

Github Issue for this enhacement?

For now, it checks for the valuation rate for the reference on the valuation rate, especially when you have Target Warehouse selected for the item.

Done @umair
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/13815

Is there a way that the finished good basic amount is automatically calculated from the source raw materials and updated so that the difference value is 0.

Yes.

In item child table, there is a check box with label “Allow Zero Valuation Rate”.

When you are posting a stcok entry with “Repack” as the purpose, tick the checkbox and submit the stock entry.

You will see that the finished good basic amount is automatically calculated from the source raw materials.

This mechanism already exists. May be we just need to update label of the checkbox.

2 Likes

Yeah @Basawaraj_Savalagi , you are right. If i use that checkbox, the finished good basic amount is automatically calculated from the source raw materials and updated so that the difference value is 0.

Thanks for your input. This will save us a lot of time, and stopping manual intervention.

I think this should be the default behavior in Rapacking.

1 Like

Just found another thing. The button “update rate and availability” is also doing the same. It is calculating the finished good value from source items.
Hmm, so seems both this button and the checkbox “allow zero valuation rare” is having same functionality.

Hi @Basawaraj_Savalagi
I am trying to apply the way you suggested here but it is not working in my case in v12. I exactly looking same solution what @kothagunda mentioned here. System is considering zero rate once I submitting the stock entry.
Is there any setting which I lacking from my end. I enabled perpetual inventory for my stock accounting. Account mapping in company setup is also correct.

Can you please help me please?