This topic is the continuation of Dashboard issue heatmap in v9.
Several issues have been identified:
- Heatmap shows only 6 days per week instead of 7
- Heatmap shows no marks based on transaction
Several feature request have been identified:
- Style of heatmap is fixed to “Continuous”, but it should be selectable between “Continuous” and “Discrete”
- It should be possible to set whether the dashboard section is collapsed or not as default
- In each doctype the marks are set based on different criteria. For e.g. in doctype “Customer”, the marks are based on the communication feed (timeline). This is a nonesense. The marks should be set based on all transactions, linked in the corresponding dashboard, against the corresponding doctype/record.
What has already been done?
I have created a pull request for frappe as well as erpnext, which fix all the above issues and implements all the above features (see screenshots). The feature “marks based on linked transactions against doctype/record”, is with this pull request only in doctype “Customer” implemented.
What is needed by the community?
I need inputs from you like:
- In which doctypes are heatmaps?
- Is it enough if the records, linked in the dashboard, are used as the transaction base for the heatmap? Or are there any doctypes in which other values should be considered for the heatmap?
I would like to collect in this topic, together with you all, all needed requirements to the heatmap so that we can make a good pull request in the near future. The heatmap has not been working properly for too long and since it’s an eyecatcher for everyone, I’d like to finally clean up this construction!
Screenshots of the actually pull requests:
Global heatmap style setting and defult whether the dashboard section is collapsed as default or not in “Global Settings”:
Many thanks already to all of you!