Importing supplier type error can't find account

I know that I have to import supplier type first before I import supplier, but there seems to be a error when I import the supplier type.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/data_import/importer.py”, line 395, in upload
doc.insert()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 220, in insert
self._validate_links()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 727, in _validate_links
frappe.LinkValidationError)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 323, in throw
msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator=‘red’)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 309, in msgprint
_raise_exception()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 282, in _raise_exception
raise raise_exception(encode(msg))
LinkValidationError: Could not find Row #1: Account:

It says that it couldn’t find the row of account but I’m sure that I’ve already set up an account.

Can anyone help me with this issue please, I’ve been trying all afternoon to find out what the problem may be but I’m obviously not going anywhere.

Check in Chart of Accounts if the Account that is mentioned in the CSV/excel is already present or not.

If not then make it.

Pro Tip : only copy name of Account

e.g. If Account Name is John Smith - ABC, John Smith being the supplier and ABC the company, only create account with John Smith, the ABC will appended automatically

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response and sorry for replying so late.
Actually I did check in the Chart of Accounts to see if the the account said in the file is present, and strangely there is an account under the name. And then I followed the pro tip but it still did not work.
I’m going to try some other ways to see what the problem is and hopefully if I have any progress I’ll give you some feedback. Thank you again for your response!!!

1 Like