Importing of Tasks associated with Projects

Hi, just been struggling with importing of tasks through the importing system. It kept throwing errors saying that the the project did not exist, when it did …

This was an example error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/cameron/development/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/data_import/importer.py”, line 410, in upload
doc.insert()
File “/home/cameron/development/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 221, in insert
self._validate_links()
File “/home/cameron/development/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 750, in _validate_links
frappe.LinkValidationError)
File “/home/cameron/development/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 352, in throw
msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator=‘red’)
File “/home/cameron/development/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 338, in msgprint
_raise_exception()
File “/home/cameron/development/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 311, in _raise_exception
raise raise_exception(msg)
frappe.exceptions.LinkValidationError: Could not find Project: WP-0001

However, after trying to debug for a day, it seems that the issue is that the link to project, is through a separate doctype ProjectTask

This doctype is not able to be imported, so I’m pretty stuck. Having just started with ERPNext a week ago, I have to admit that there is a steep learning curve and a lot of things that don’t quite work/confusing/undocumented.

However as a 3rd person perspective, it is an amazing framework, and I will keep persisting and hope to give back to the community. Does anyone know of a way to allow the importing of ProjectTask, since this table, has the actual link to the Task, and the Project.

Thank you

1 Like

Just thinking about it myself, I guess I could add my custom fields to Project Task instead, and then display those fields on the Task doctype.

Because when you import a project, you can only select to also import Project Task items, not Task Items.