Importing Bank transactions

Hi.

I’m just looking for some advice on how to import bank transactions. I would expect to import bank statements and directly code all direct debits and regular payments such as Rent and Telecoms to be coded directly to the Rent and Telecoms GL code.

I was then going to import suppliers and import purchase orders etc.

So firstly, what’s the best way to create all these regular payments? Go via the payment entry screen?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi.

Testing the system, I believe the simplest method would be to recreate the POs, Receipts and Invoices using the import facility. The only slightly tricky aspect is having to follow the order for import as you need the correct PO references when importing receipts and invoices.

For other non PO transactions, I have noticed I still need to select supplier which is fine. However, for account, I can only choose ones which I have set the account type as Payable. Seems a bit cumbersome to go through all my accounts and set their type to payable to be able to enter a payment direct.

The issue arises for small purchases via a credit card rather then a service/manufacturing material which would go via a PO? These would simply be coded to the relevant department/account.

How does everyone else deal with this?

Thanks.