ImportError (No Module) Upon Creating New Custom DocType

Hey, folks.

So, I’m putting together an SQL implementation of a script that creates DocTypes corresponding to tables in an SQL database, and I am now running into the following problem once frappe.get_doc() is called to create a DocType called “student”:

File "/home/vongol/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/base_document.py", line 35, in get_controller
    module = load_doctype_module(doctype, module_name)
  File "/home/vongol/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/utils.py", line 185, in load_doctype_module
    raise ImportError('Module import failed for {0} ({1})'.format(doctype, module_name + ' Error: ' + str(e)))
ImportError: Module import failed for Student (frappe.core.doctype.student.student Error: No module named student.student)

So, this raises the ultimate question: how does one create a module via a script? Does one have to do this? Most reports of this problem pertain to updating/reinstalling either frappe or the custom app in question, but that has nothing to do with what I’m doing; I’m just trying to create some goddamned custom DocTypes with my app.

Thanks, fellas.