@vivek thank you for your message.
I would like to share two workflows which some of my customers are actually confronted with. One one hand a designer and on the other hand a text-writer/translator.
Case 1 - Designer:
Starts Project “Redesign CI” - billing on work-pieces according to agreement with customer
- Letterhead for invoices: 100 US$ - deadline 30/04/16 - qty 1
- New Logo 340 US$ - deadline 04/05/16- qty 1
- New Website-Design (no coding) 1200 US$ - deadline 30/05/16 - qty 1
- Shooting of Company/Facility and Employees 320 US$ - deadline 22/04/16 - qty 1
- CI Compliance Sheet (Information about Color, Fonts, etc…) 0 US$ - free of charge - deadline 01/06/16 - qty 1
The designer agreed to charge the customer when he is finished, so he completes all tasks and “submits” the tasks as invoicing/sales order positions. But other than the Time Log Batch invoicing, a row of invoice looks like the following:
Pos: 1 - Art-Code: Project ID+Pos No. - Description: Letterhead for invoices - Qty: 1 - Price-List: 100 US$ - Total: 100 US$
Pos: 5 - Art-Code: Project ID+Pos No. - Description: CI Compliance Sheet (Information about Color, Fonts, etc...) - Qty: 1 - Price-List: 0 US$ - Total: 0 US$
Case 2 - Translator/Text-Writer:
Basically this business differs from other kind of services as the texter or translator charges either word count, DIN Lines or characters…so this workflow may be a bit confusing but would be the same as above.
The translator or agency creates a new Project (mostly translator or customer-based on monthly basis). In our Test-Case we have a project of “Translator English-Arabic-Indian: Month April”.
- E-ARAB / Manual 0.1 US$ - deadline 30/04/16 - words 1500
- E-IND / ISO Document 0.13 US$ - deadline 23/04/16 - words 60000
- E-ARAB / Website 0.1 US$ - deadline 26/04/16 - words 3000
> Pos: 1 - Art-Code: Project ID+Pos No. - Description: E-ARAB / Manual - Qty: 1500 - Price-List: 0.1 US$ - Total: 150 US$
> Pos: 3 - Art-Code: Project ID+Pos No. - Description: E-ARAB / Website - Qty: 3000 - Price-List: 0.1 US$ - Total: 300 US$
Hope this workflow is understandable if not - just ask please.
If we go further this workflow, we could create a strong project management suite like:
When deadline is near like d-3 --> Email to Assigned employee to remind him
Assign Tasks to users --> only if task is completed it could be invoiced.
Invoicing based on Tasks and Projects. I can choose to either invoice a whole project at once or charge by tasks.
This is something, I have been missing in ALL other ERP or Project Management Suites.