I need to make reservations in warehouses, How?

I need to hide the reserved quantities from users, so they can’t use the reserved quantities in stock.
If a user make a new sales order I need to allow users only to use actual_qty-reserved_qty is that possible?

Bump.

We have same problem, we need to make stock reservations - is there any solution for this?
If Sales Quotation would have “Reserve stock” option that would be also helpful.

Odoo has this functionality: stock-logistics-warehouse/stock_reserve at 10.0 · OCA/stock-logistics-warehouse · GitHub

any answer for this time… it’s very need

Stock Reservation Feature in ERPNext

1. Stock Reservation at Quotation Level
  2. Stock Reservation at Sales Order Level

Solution for
#1 Stock Reservation at Quotation Level

1. In Company doctype create field
    “Reservation Warehouse” (Warehouse Link field) , which will be more like a virtual warehouse.

2. Whenever Reservation is to be done, do a background stock transfer for the quantity of the items from the actual stock warehouse ( with specific batch/serial if applicable ) to “Reservation Warehouse” with reservation valid till date. ( quotation valid date)

3. Every night at 00:01 run a script , to check if there is any reservation valid till yesterday ? If Yes reverse the stock transfer entry , and do a stock transfer from Reservation Warehouse to Stock Warehouse.

#2 Stock Reservation at Sales Order Level

1. In Company doctype create field
    “Reservation Warehouse” (Warehouse Link field) , which will be more like a virtual warehouse.

2. In Selling Settings, add field

Reserve Stock against Sales Order ,If Checked (True) ,

1. In Sales Order Doctype show field Reserve Stock with value set to true.

2. On Submit of the Sales Order , do a background stock transfer entry with reference to the sales order for all items, from Delivery Warehouse to Reservation Warehouse and update the Delivery Warehouse field value of Sales Order Item to “Reservation Warehouse”.

3. On Cancellation of Sales Order , if Reserve Stock field is set to true, Do a stock transfer entry from Reservation to Stock Warehouse and Update the Sales Order Item Delivery Warehouse field

#Assumptions :
As extracted from the above odoo link

Each reservation can have a validity date, once passed, the reservation is automatically lifted.

The reserved items are subtracted from the stock. It means that if you reserved a quantity of items which bring the virtual stock below the minimum, the reorder level will be triggered and new material request will be generated.

It also implies that the max may be exceeded if the reservations are canceled. ( in case max functionality comes in future)

Inventory Experts !! awaiting your inputs for the reservation functionality design.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi,
Was this feature implemented?
I tried to edit the Company doctype but it seems core doctypes are protected.