Http://localhost:8000/ not opening

I installed frappe bench , using

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/install_scripts/setup_frappe.sh
sudo bash setup_frappe.sh

on a fresh installation of ubuntu 14.04 , there was no problem , everything installed perfectly and I got all the passwords . After the setup I used bench start in the terminal , everything went on well , now when i open my browser and type http://localhost:8000/ , it is not running browser displays a message problem loading page .
So i created a new site and installed erpnext into it and used bench start command , even after that the problem persists , I didnt encounter any error during installation . Please help

1 Like

@ragav are you sure your port is 8000? not only 80?

check in nginx config file…

@ragav

If you used --setup-production, it should be port 80, else you need to go to frappe-bench folder and run bench start

If i type my ip address or localhost:80 i am getting a welcome message from nginx that it has got installed successfully . but if i type 8000 i am getting error … what should i do ?

I did not use --setup-production , so i went to frappe-bench and run bench start if i go to port 80 i am getting welcome message from nginx ,

@ragav For development setup (which is what you’ve done) the port is 8000

So, do bench start and go to localhost:8000

Thats what I did , I did bench start and went to localhost:8000 . But firefox is displaying error message .

Thats what I did , I did bench start and went to localhost:8000 . But firefox is displaying error message .If i type my ip address or localhost:80 i am getting a welcome message from nginx that it has got installed successfully . but if i type 8000 i am getting error … what should i do ?

@ragav wait wait…

your getting the nginx welcome on port 80 so everything is ok…

what you have to do is :

bench setup nginx

and then try open 80 again

tried i got this error . Exception: Port 80 is being used by another site site1.local

Use 8080 for bench start

Sir I am a novice , kindly tell me how to do that ?

@ragav how many sites you have?

two sites . site1.local and site19.local

@ragav
ok, so this is your first problem…

make:
bench set-nginx-port site1.local 80
bench set-nginx-port site19.local 8080

then:
service nginx restart
and try again

when i type bench set-nginx-port site1.local 80 , i am getting the same error Exception: Port 80 is being used by another site site1.local … I am sure about the second site site19.local since i created it but not sure about the first site as it was created by the command :

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/install_scripts/setup_frappe.sh
sudo bash setup_frappe.sh

@ragav before anything else, can you make :
bench setup

then try again the above commands…

@anand am sorry i didnt mean to take over i just wanted to help, and i see there is much more complicated issues in the community :smiley:

should i again setup bench ?

@ragav use: bench setup

i did bench setup and got this
Options:
–help Show this message and exit.

Commands:
auto-update Add cronjob for bench auto update
backups Add cronjob for bench backups
config overwrite or make config.json
env Setup virtualenv for bench
nginx generate config for nginx
procfile Setup Procfile for bench start
production setup bench for production
redis generate config for redis cache
socketio Setup node deps for socketio server
sudoers Add commands to sudoers list for execution…
supervisor generate config for supervisor