HR Leave Balance Issue

I just noticed that there is no status field in the leave application screenshot.

@tundebabzy I presume the screenshot above shows a direct application and approval process. My setup currently uses workflow and these are the workflow setup screenshots:

The workflow state is set up thus:

While the transition rules are set up thus:

You would notice that in the workflow state i setup the update field as status both on applied and approved by leave approver. This is because even though the examples given is that i should set the update field to status only for the Applied or Draft state, upon submission by Leave Approver, an error pops up that only a document with status Approved or Rejected can be submitted. The status only changes with the slight modification as seen in the workflow state. The state is then not visible in the final approved page even though the document then submits which assumes that the criteria has been met.

I found that this is a leave status problem.
At the line of STATES - 4.Approved by Leave, the column of Update Value should be ‘Approved’.
Then, the qty of leave allocation will be deducted after approve.
So, I solved new leave application issue.

However, I still have a problem with previously applied leave quantity which is not changed at leave balance report.

@josephyou7 hi, is it possible to post a screenshot of your workflow setup so i can see how you fixed it? I’ve tried different setup but i still have the problem on mine. Thanks.

This is my workflow screenshot.

1 Like

@josephyou7 Hi. Many thanks for your reply. Implementing the workflow states following your example above did the trick. This was not included in the tutorials for leave approval workflow so i didn’t know i could make the workflow update the value of the status as you did. Lesson learnt.

Although i noticed that in the leave balance report in the available balance is not indicated anymore but the leave taken is indicated both in the report and for each employee so that’s a major problem solved and i can live with the report not being completed.

As for resolving the back applications. I may have to either ask the employees to reapply or just do them myself as the admin.