How to use reorder level + report?

Yes Thank you. I'll raise a github issue.

On Tuesday, 14 January 2014 12:09:31 UTC+8, Nabin Hait wrote:

If you mention reorder qty and shortage qty is less than reorder qty, system will raise a material request for reorder qty. But if shortage qty is greater than reorder qty MR will be for shortage qty.
If you always want to raise wiyh shortage qty, remove reorder qty from item master.

We will try to put shortage qty in the report, can you raise a github issue for this?

On 11 Jan 2014 23:18, "Joven Chiew" <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks. I understood now. So the reordering quantity is always fix at 1000? If I need to raise only the shortage (700) to maintain (1000 - 250) I need customization?
Also in Query Report: Stock Projected Qty, is it possible to add another column to calculate the shortage (700)?

On Sunday, 12 January 2014 01:28:34 UTC+8, Nabin Hait wrote:
I think you had misunderstood the calculation. Here projected qty 1250 is including auto requested qty after reaching below reorder level (250 + 1000). 

Projected qty = Actual qty + Ordered qty + Requested Qty + Planned Qty - Reserved Qty

After creation of auto material request, Requested Qty has been increased by 1000, which resulted projected qty to 1250. As projected qty is already greater than reorder level, the system will not raise another new material request tomorrow.

On 11-Jan-2014, at 10:07 PM, Joven Chiew wrote:

Hi, It is working now after I set the timezone.

Coming back on the Reordering count.

My Projected Qty is 1,250.00
Reorder Level is 500.00
Reorder Qty is 1,000.00

The system made an automatic material request of 1,000.00 but I want the system to calculate to order 2,250.00 instead so I can maintain a stock level of 1,000.00 after taking into consideration of the projected 1,250.00 qty.

Another question. If I did not process this current automatic material request, will the system raise another new one tomorrow because it still hit the reorder level?

Many Thanks.

On Saturday, 11 January 2014 21:31:59 UTC+8, Nabin Hait wrote:
Ensure that item is in question, is a purchase item or sub-contracted item, and obviously a stock item. Also check End of life value of that item.

On 10-Jan-2014, at 11:47 PM, Joven Chiew wrote:

Thanks for helping Nabin.

I set email digest to send email for "To Do", I create an "To Do" for myself and in the setting, there is an indication that says "Next email will be sent on: 11-01-2014 midnight" and of course it is now 2:13am and I did not see the email. I know my SMTP is working because I receive password reset when creating user.

Cron job should be OK because I saw all status in the log file are OK, backup were created accordingly that means the function were being called.

I am not familiar with Python (yet), how do I call stock/utils/reorder_item() function from python shell?

On Saturday, 11 January 2014 02:07:11 UTC+8, Nabin Hait wrote:
Are you getting other emails through scheduler like Daily Email Digest? It will ensure you that scheduler has called properly. 

Also you can try to debug by calling stock/utils/reorder_item() function from python shell directly.

On 10-Jan-2014, at 5:14 PM, Joven Chiew wrote:

Any advice for me regarding automatic material request?

On Friday, 10 January 2014 14:03:47 UTC+8, Joven Chiew wrote:
The log file "erpnext-sch.log" shows status OK for every 3mins.

I have stock item:

Reserve Qty: 2
Projected Qty: -2
Reorder Level: 5
Reorder Qty: 10

There is no auto material request or email, yes the function has been turn on and I can receive email from the system.
What else do I investigate?

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 19:35:13 UTC+8, Nabin Hait wrote:
Cron job settings:

*/3 * * * * cd erpnext_path && python2.7 lib/wnf.py --run_scheduler >> erpnext-sch.log 2>&1

On 08-Jan-2014, at 3:50 PM, Joven Chiew wrote:

Thanks again Nabin.
Is there instruction/documentation about erpnext scheduler?
So I run cron job to executive the script scheduler_handlers.py?

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 17:59:14 UTC+8, Nabin Hait wrote:
Check whether you have set cron to call erpnext scheduler. And you can set scheduler frequency for checking reorder level, check scheduler_handlers.py  

And system sends notification to all users having Material Manager or Purchase Manager role. To send auto notification, you have to check "Notify by Email on creation of automatic Material Request" from Stock Settings.

On 08-Jan-2014, at 2:36 PM, Joven Chiew wrote:

Oh nice! Why isn't this mentioned in the manual or I am blind? Do I need to configure any cron or setting in order for the notification to work?
Also, is the interval something that is configurable?

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 17:02:23 UTC+8, Nabin Hait wrote:
System checks for reorder level through scheduler once every day. You can expect notification email and automatic material request, at the beginning of tomorrow.

On 08-Jan-2014, at 1:53 PM, Joven Chiew wrote:

Can anyone confirm this? The "Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level" is not working.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.