How to update database of items and item prices without ERP specific fields

Hi,

I receive regular (daily) price and stock updates from my suppliers, as I trade in price volatile items. I’m looking for a way to be able to manipulate the data I receive from the suppliers in CSV format and import it to update ERPNext.

My issue seems to be that ERPNext assigns unique IDs to items and supplier items, and the suppliers don’t know my unique IDs to populate the CSV files with on the correct line. I need a tool that will allow me to either import directly to ERPNext using the existing data provided and match using my product nos or IDs when compared to the supplier part no, or an external tool that will format the CSV for ERPNext.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to start? I’ve been working on this for about 3 days no, without success!

Thanks

Are the price and stock updates provided in a machine readable form , like a spreadsheet or csv? Would it be possible to construct a spreadsheet with those updates and link it to a template spreadsheet that ERPNext could import?

The price info comes in the form of CSV files. Each supplier issues these in their own unique format. I need to extract the information, match it to the ERPNext item no and update both stock available and pricing information.