How to Track the Assigned worked?

Hi,

The assigning of the tasks to other users is a beautiful thing, but I am unable to find a way to track the assigned things.

For example:

1. I assigned a customer to user XYZ with certain remarks like “Change the email ID of this customer with the correct email ID by calling the customer”.
2. Similarly I assigned another task in SO to another user with other remarks.
3. Now I want to create a report where I could know when I assigned a task to which user and what comments were given.

The report should be like this:
<!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

<![endif]–>

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Is there a way to get this kind of report?

Hi Aditya,

The table is ToDo Item. Its currently not in Reports but will add it asap and then you can do Reports -> ToDo Item

best,
Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 09-Jun-2012, at 2:52 PM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Hi,

The assigning of the tasks to other users is a beautiful thing, but I am unable to find a way to track the assigned things.

For example:

1. I assigned a customer to user XYZ with certain remarks like "Change the email ID of this customer with the correct email ID by calling the customer".
3. Now I want to create a report where I could know when I assigned a task to which user and what comments were given.

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Hi Rushabh,

The ToDo report is possible.Great thing thanks a lot for the addition.

I would like to inform you that there seems to be one problem. I have created a report ToDo Report. The report was created under Home/Core folder in the ERP. The report is searchable but when I click on the searched report instead of opening the report the report structure is opened.

I would request you to let me know how to access reports which are not listed on the any of the dashboard.

On Monday, June 11, 2012 10:28:37 AM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Hi Aditya,

The table is ToDo Item. Its currently not in Reports but will add it asap and then you can do Reports -> ToDo Item

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

For example:

1. I assigned a customer to user XYZ with certain remarks like "Change the email ID of this customer with the correct email ID by calling the customer".

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Aditya,

Anand is actually working on a really nice feature based on your observation - a 2 column todo list where in one column there will be your todos and on the other column there will be todos you have assigned.

I think he should release it soon!

best,
Rushabh

T: @rushabh_mehtto

On 13-Jun-2012, at 10:36 AM, Addy wrote:

Hi Rushabh,

I would like to inform you that there seems to be one problem. I have created a report ToDo Report. The report was created under Home/Core folder in the ERP. The report is searchable but when I click on the searched report instead of opening the report the report structure is opened.

I would request you to let me know how to access reports which are not listed on the any of the dashboard.

Hi Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Hey that would be great but it still does not solve the mystery of how to access reports which are created under Home/Core/

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:41:09 AM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Aditya,

Anand is actually working on a really nice feature based on your observation - a 2 column todo list where in one column there will be your todos and on the other column there will be todos you have assigned.

best,
Rushabh

Hi Rushabh,

Hi Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Hey that would be great but it still does not solve the mystery of how to access reports which are created under Home/Core/

You should not need those :)

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

Hi Rushabh,

Hi Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Hi Aditya,

We have released the new two column To Do List. Please refresh and check in your account.

Thanks,
Anand.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

Hi Rushabh,

Hi Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Hi Anand,

The ToDo tracking is great and I think it should not be on your priority for the next few months since it is now in a workable condition. But there seems to be a few things which I think should be ironed out first:

• When I assign a task to XYZ user then this user has 2 options
    • Either to mark the task as completed (in this case the system works perfectly)
    • Or to delete the task all together. Now if the user deletes the task then it is removed from my list of assigned tasks. 
  • When I assign a task to someone else I am getting a message stating that I have been assigned a task.

My suggestion for first point is that if a task is assigned to some XYZ, then they should not have the option to delete it. infact we could do away with the deletion of task all together instead we could have the option of clearing the completed tasks only.

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:00:10 PM UTC+5:30, Anand Doshi wrote:
 Hi Aditya,

We have released the new two column To Do List. Please refresh and check in your account.

Thanks,
Anand.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

Hi Rushabh,

Hi Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Is there a way to add new line in the TODO list. I have noticed that whenever I try to make a TODO event with multiple lines the output is only in a single line.

On Saturday, June 9, 2012 2:52:18 PM UTC+5:30, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Hi,

For example:

1. I assigned a customer to user XYZ with certain remarks like “Change the email ID of this customer with the correct email ID by calling the customer”.

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Hi Aditya,

In the todo description, If you press enter twice i.e. leave a blank line in between two lines, it will display the next line on a separate line in the todo list.

You might need to do a clear cache & refresh as we just fixed this.

Thanks,
Anand.

On 09-Oct-2012, at 10:22 AM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a way to add new line in the TODO list. I have noticed that whenever I try to make a TODO event with multiple lines the output is only in a single line.

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

I tried <br> instead of enter. It worked for me.

Regards,
Umair

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Anand Doshi <an…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi Aditya,

In the todo description, If you press enter twice i.e. leave a blank line in between two lines, it will display the next line on a separate line in the todo list.

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

<br> is not type friendly. Pressing 'enter' twice is much easier.

thanks,
Anand.

On 09-Oct-2012, at 11:28 AM, Umair Sayyed <um...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Regards,
Umair

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Aditya,

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Enter twice works fine and also the <br> also works fine.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:31:01 AM UTC+5:30, Anand Doshi wrote:

<br> is not type friendly. Pressing ‘enter’ twice is much easier.

thanks,
Anand.

On 09-Oct-2012, at 11:28 AM, Umair Sayyed <um…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Regards,
Umair

Hi Aditya,

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi Anand,

I know the todo task is a great feature but some points which came to my mind for further improvement are:

1. When I create a task out of no document in the system, then I am unable to assign that task to another user, how can I do that?
  2. In case we have many tasks then the sorting and grouping should be somewhat like this:
    • First all tasks should show which are assigned to the user sorted by due date.
    • Then the grouping of tasks should be as per assignment to the other users like all tasks of user 1 should be grouped together followed by tasks of user 2 and so on.

I guess this should not be a big problem to implement and I guess would make life a bit more easier using tasks.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 4:29:53 PM UTC+5:30, Addy wrote:

<br> is not type friendly. Pressing ‘enter’ twice is much easier.

thanks,
Anand.

On 09-Oct-2012, at 11:28 AM, Umair Sayyed <um…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Regards,
Umair

Hi Aditya,

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Aditya,

Thanks for this feedback. 

If you want to assign a To Do, you can create a Task?

For sorting, will re-design the To Do List so its a bit more readable!

best,
Rushabh

On 25-Oct-2012, at 9:37 AM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anand,

I know the todo task is a great feature but some points which came to my mind for further improvement are:

1. When I create a task out of no document in the system, then I am unable to assign that task to another user, how can I do that?
  2. In case we have many tasks then the sorting and grouping should be somewhat like this:
    • First all tasks should show which are assigned to the user sorted by due date.
    • Then the grouping of tasks should be as per assignment to the other users like all tasks of user 1 should be grouped together followed by tasks of user 2 and so on.

I guess this should not be a big problem to implement and I guess would make life a bit more easier using tasks.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 4:29:53 PM UTC+5:30, Addy wrote:

<br> is not type friendly. Pressing 'enter' twice is much easier.

thanks,
Anand.

On 09-Oct-2012, at 11:28 AM, Umair Sayyed <um...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Regards,
Umair

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Aditya,

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,

For example:

Date of Allocation

Allocated to

Allocated Document

Document ID

Remarks

Is Completed

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com