How to track productivity of each Manufacturing Unit and each Operator?

Hi,

We are faced with a peculiar problem which I am not able to know if it is possible in ERPNext. The problem is as the subject shows that we need to capture the time taken to produce each item on each machine by each operator.

The kind of reports we would need are something like this:

1. Machine wise Productivity Report ( this report would help in finding out that if a machine is more productive or not)
  2. Operator wise Productivity report (this report helps to find the more productive operators)
  3. Item wise Productivity report (this report could help in finding the actual costs incurred by the company for manufacturing the item)

Now I know this is not in the scope of erpnext as of now (or is it?) but I am willing to devote some time to develop something on this line so that it could be used by a lot of users of erpnext. If someone is already using something close to this then they could please help me out with this since I am  unable to know as to how to start the data capturing process.

Kindly please let me know if something like this is possible or not. Though there are lot of rules which might need to be incorporated to get this done.

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

1 Like
Hi Aditya,

Time Log is generic form to track the actual time spend on work. You can use Time Log to effectively track production timings.
  1. Add each machine / workstation as Activity Type.
  2. Machine operator will be tracked as Owner. Else you can add custom link field of Employee.
  3. Insert custom link field of Production Order and Item.
Using these fields you can make required report on Time Log. Based on Activity Type, you will get report of Machine-wise productivity. Based on owner or employee, you will get operator-wise Productivity report. And based on Item or Production Order, you will get Item-wise Productivity report.

Hope this helps.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We are faced with a peculiar problem which I am not able to know if it is possible in ERPNext. The problem is as the subject shows that we need to capture the time taken to produce each item on each machine by each operator.

1. Machine wise Productivity Report ( this report would help in finding out that if a machine is more productive or not)
  2. Operator wise Productivity report (this report helps to find the more productive operators)
  3. Item wise Productivity report (this report could help in finding the actual costs incurred by the company for manufacturing the item)

Now I know this is not in the scope of erpnext as of now (or is it?) but I am willing to devote some time to develop something on this line so that it could be used by a lot of users of erpnext. If someone is already using something close to this then they could please help me out with this since I am unable to know as to how to start the data capturing process.

Kindly please let me know if something like this is possible or not. Though there are lot of rules which might need to be incorporated to get this done.

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

–
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Aditya,

This seems to vague to me - maybe it could be done via a Daily Production Report kind of transaction where each operator fills what they have done in the day.

It might be a good idea to prepared a detailed document on what you want to implement and add to the wiki. We can then comment on what is the best way to implement it.

best,
Rushabh

T: @rushabh_mehta

On 22-Jul-2013, at 6:15 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Now I know this is not in the scope of erpnext as of now (or is it?) but I am willing to devote some time to develop something on this line so that it could be used by a lot of users of erpnext. If someone is already using something close to this then they could please help me out with this since I am  unable to know as to how to start the data capturing process.

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

–

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Rushabh,

I know it is vague since I have no experience in tracking productivity and hence I put it up here and wanted to know if anyone is using erpnext for such thing or not.

I have anyways tried to put some of my thoughts on paper in the wiki, you could see and comment. I know even the wiki is very vague. I think I can do this by myself with a lot of help from you people but I would need a starting point which is not available with me as of now.

Maybe over time people could pitch in with their thoughts and we could improve the productivity part in manufacturing.

On Tuesday, 23 July 2013 17:37:26 UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Aditya,

This seems to vague to me - maybe it could be done via a Daily Production Report kind of transaction where each operator fills what they have done in the day.

It might be a good idea to prepared a detailed document on what you want to implement and add to the wiki. We can then comment on what is the best way to implement it.

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

–

Aditya,

We can add Workstation, Start Time and End Time in Production Order + create a report that will show you the % utilization of the workstation over a period of time. Also if standard operation time is maintained in BOM, we can also show the variance from standard time. Is that something you were looking for?

- Rushabh

On 23-Jul-2013, at 7:07 PM, Aditya Duggal <ad...@rigpl.com> wrote:

Rushabh,

I know it is vague since I have no experience in tracking productivity and hence I put it up here and wanted to know if anyone is using erpnext for such thing or not.

I have anyways tried to put some of my thoughts on paper in the wiki, you could see and comment. I know even the wiki is very vague. I think I can do this by myself with a lot of help from you people but I would need a starting point which is not available with me as of now.

Maybe over time people could pitch in with their thoughts and we could improve the productivity part in manufacturing.

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

–

–

–

1 Like
Created https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/issues/636

Please add your comments there.

On 24-Jul-2013, at 11:52 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Aditya,

We can add Workstation, Start Time and End Time in Production Order + create a report that will show you the % utilization of the workstation over a period of time. Also if standard operation time is maintained in BOM, we can also show the variance from standard time. Is that something you were looking for?

- Rushabh

On 23-Jul-2013, at 7:07 PM, Aditya Duggal <ad...@rigpl.com> wrote:

Rushabh,

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

–

–

–