How to set up own fork of Frappe app on Bench

Hello,

Could anyone please help with the recommended method to set up a bench using one’s own fork of Frappe app (https://github.com/own_fork/frappe) rather than the one at GitHub - frappe/frappe: Low code web framework for real world applications, in Python and Javascript?

It’s not clear to me what the best approach is, seeing that Frappe app is installed from the original URL (GitHub - frappe/frappe: Low code web framework for real world applications, in Python and Javascript) when a bench is being initialised.

I have tried to uninstall the default frappe and install from the URL to my fork but that didn’t work.

Please note that I understand how to do it with other apps that I’ve forked but not with the Frappe app due to the fact that it’s installed by default.

Would it be recommended to change the link to the origin repo on the default frappe app to my repo while leaving the upstream as GitHub - frappe/frappe: Low code web framework for real world applications, in Python and Javascript ?

Regards,
Chude

1 Like

@Chude_Osiegbu,

You can pass the branch and repo path while installing the frappe

e.g.

bench init --frappe-path "your-repo-path" --frappe-branch "your-branch" frappe-bench

Thanks,
Makarand

4 Likes

Thanks!