How to set standard selling price to an item through python?

This is my code. But it is not setting standard selling price. I have given a default item group:

def on_submit(doc, event):
    	for prem in range(len(doc.policy_premium)):
    		plans = [doc.policy_premium[prem].plan_1, doc.policy_premium[prem].plan_2, doc.policy_premium[prem].plan_3, doc.policy_premium[prem].plan_4]
    		for index in range(4):
    			frappe.db.sql("""
    					INSERT INTO `tabItem` (name, item_name, item_code, standard_rate)
    					VALUES
    						(%(name)s, %(item_name)s, %(item_code)s, %(standard_rate)s);
    				""",
    				dict(
    					name = f"{doc.name} - {doc.policy_premium[prem].maximum_trip_duration} Days - Plan {index+1}",
    					item_name = f"{doc.name} - {doc.policy_premium[prem].maximum_trip_duration} Days - Plan {index+1}",
    					item_code = f"{doc.name} - {doc.policy_premium[prem].maximum_trip_duration} Days - Plan {index+1}",
    					standard_rate = plans[index]
    				)
    			)

I believe the standard_rate field for Item doctype is just used to added the standard price when the item is created through hooks. If youā€™re adding the item directly to the database this hook wonā€™t get executed.

If you want to set the standard rate after the item is created you should set it in the Item Price doctype.

@dj12djdjs is correct. Selling prices are stored in the DocType named ā€œItem Priceā€.

There is no ā€œstandardā€ Selling Price for an Item. Instead, you create 1 (or more) records in ā€œItem Priceā€. When you create documents like Sales Order lines, ERPNext will choose the Selling Price based on values in ā€œItem Priceā€ such as Item Code, Price List, Unit of Measure, Customer, Date Range, etc.

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v13/user/manual/en/stock/item-price

Than how to access Item Price and Link that to Item through Python?

Go to Item Price doctype and the structure you will see is pretty simple.

Hereā€™s a quick bit of Python to create a new 'Item Price' for these conditions:

• Itemā€™s name = ā€˜Fooā€™
  • Unit of Measure = ā€˜Eachā€™
  • Selling price = 1.23
new_price = frappe.new_doc("Item Price")
new_price.item_code = 'Foo'
new_price.uom = 'Each'
new_price.selling = True
new_price.price_list = 'Standard Selling'
new_price.price_list_rate = 1.23
new_price.save()
frappe.db.commit()
2 Likes

Thanks a lotā€¦