How to set Production Capacity of a Workstation?

Hello,

I am trying to setup a sorting machine as a Workstation.

This machine can process 100 kg material in 60 minutes.

Here should I set 60 or 100?

TIA

Yogi Yang

You should set it in the BOM form, Operations table. Because workstation capacity is different for each produced item.
https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v13/user/manual/en/manufacturing/bill-of-materials

1 Like

Hello,

By setting Batch Size does is mean that ERPNext will generate multiple Work Orders and Job Cards based on Batch Size?

TIA

Yogi Yang

Hello,

Actually setting Batch Size for Work Station for each Operation does not have any impact on Work Orders or Job Cards that are generated.

These are always generated with Quantity specified in Production Plan.

I think this part has impact only on Production Planning and Scheduling but not on Work Orders and Job Cards.

I had to create multiple Job Cards of smaller quantity manually.

Can this process be automated so that ERPNext will generate Job Cards as per Batch Size specified for a Work Station?

TIA

Yogi Yang

Hi Yogi Yang,

Thanks for asking this question. I also have the same kind of problem and am looking for a solution.

I tried as per the documentation but could not get ERPNext to auto generate Work Orders or Job Cards as per Workstation’s capacity (Batch Size).

ERPNext is very big and has lots of features which are interdependent. I feel there has to be some solution but am not able to get find one at present.

If you do find a solution please do post it here for others like me.

Regards,