I have face a problem using fixed asset use in rental process.
- I have created one fixed asset “Truck”. and after that i use as rental services. so, I Put Truck code in sales invoice and on submit, that time throw a error " You must select an Asset for Item Truck". And, after that i select a asset in asset field. so, sales invoice is submitted without and error, but after that Change the status “Submitted” to “Sold” in Asset Doctype. and that’s reason next time, i can not use “Truck” item in any type of sales transaction.
So, any solution. Please tell me.
Only have an option like first create the service item like Truck Rent.
After then use it in invoice transactions.
An asset id link for, create a custom field like asset rent item then added in sales invoice item.
Hope you help it.
You mean like this, 1st Create a “Truck” Service item and 2nd Create a “Truck” Fixed asset item. and after that you say that is working. But, I need only create one Item “Truck” and is consider as both service item and fixed asset item.
So, This is Possible…?
first, there is not any option to rent a set as an Item (Asset Item).
So i am saying that for the reporting
- Truck item as an asset is perfect.
- I want to say the second Truck item create as a service item, not an asset item (Truck Rent).
- create a custom field name like Rent Item asset in sales invoice item.
- When creating a sales invoice then first select item (Truck Rent: Service Item) and Asset ID (Truck Asset id or name) set in Rent Item asset (custom field).
If you are convenient with the process then check it.
Yes, I understand your reply. But my need is only create one Item and is set as both service item and asset item. So that type of way possible in erpnext…?
Because, I have 500+ asset use in erpnext. So, extra 500+ service item creation, is not good.
So, that’s Reason I telling you, can possible asset and service item in only one item creation…?