How to set Customer as Supplier also?

Are there any ways to define Customer as Supplier. This is required as the Customer who orders an Item is responsible to supply necessary Raw Material for producing that Item.

I need this because when creating Work Order if a Sales Order is selected then in Required ItemsItem Code, I want to show only that raw martial which is supplied by the Customer.

How to set Customer as Supplier also?

Regards,

I guess you are looking for Customer Provided Item Feature.

1 Like

@gsarunk,

Thanks for the link. I have already gone through it.

Actually I want to apply a filter to Item in Work Order so that only those items are show which are supplied by Customer.

Secondly the company also purchases the same item from open market when manufacturing for other customers.

So how can we handle this scenario?

Regards,

1 Like

At the moment the settings wont allow you to make an item both Purchasable and Customer Provided.
It is better you create two different items and two versions of BOM.
This way you don’t have to mess up with the stocks.
Also when running Production use the respective BOM, so that the stock transfer can happen according to the BOM selected.

1 Like

I think you need to enable Common Party Accounting in the accounting settings. But in your case “Customer Provided item” will do the trick.

Thanks for the link. This is what I am looking for.

But I have one question: If the material received is found to be defective or unusable during production how can we return the material back to customer?

Regards,

I believe a Material Issue entry would do the trick. I would suggest testing this scenario once.

1 Like

before you receive the materials, you should have an inspection step, based on that inspection you can receive or reject the item and return it to the supplier.

2 Likes