How to serialized non-serialized items

Hi Everyone,
I have a requirement, where I want to serialized lots of items whereas transactions has already been been performed on those items.
Is there any way that I can mark those items as “Has Serial No”=Yes

The only solution I got is that:

1. Issue all the qty. from every warehouse
  2. Mark all required Item Codes as “Has Serial No”=Yes **
  3. Receive all the qty. back in the respective warehouse.
  4. While receiving the qty. back to the respective warehouse, system will ask to mention serial no. for
    those items. And then you can assign the serial numbers to all those items

I appreciate if anyone else can give their views on it and specially if anyone from frappe can give their view on it. I am not asking this question to anyone specific, just want to have others views on the same.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

1 Like

Seems okay to me, or make a new item code.

@rmehta thanks for your reply and yes you are right that we can create new items code but in that case we have to update all the BOM which has already been freeze and released.

Regards
Ruchin Sharam

hi there, I have the same issue now with V7…
We have added some items in the system which are non-serialized…
We have made it non-serialied since we don’t know yet if these new items comes with serial numbers…
Supplier quotation, customer Quotation and PO has been raised for these items.
Upon receiving the actual items, then we checked that items are serialized.
There is no current quantity in any warehouse since this is the first time we have ordered for the items.
But when have checked the “has serial” button in the item module, below errow is showing:

@ai_me
I hope, I have already replied to your question.

The only solution I got is that:

1. Issue all the qty. from every warehouse
  2. Mark all required Item Codes as “Has Serial No”=Yes **
  3. Receive all the qty. back in the respective warehouse.
  4. While receiving the qty. back to the respective warehouse, system will ask to mention serial no. for
    those items. And then you can assign the serial numbers to all those items

I appreciate if anyone else can give their views on it and specially if anyone from frappe can give their view on it. I am not asking this question to anyone specific, just want to have others views on the same.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

hi @ruchin78, my case is different as there are no existing quantity yet in our stock for these items.

@ai_me
then do it via SQL Command

UPDATE `tabItem` SET has_serial_no='1' WHERE item_code='YOUR ITEM CODE';

if you have multiple items then you can use this:

UPDATE `tabItem` SET has_serial_no=1 WHERE item_code IN ('item_code1','item_code2','item_code3',...);

Hi, I tried to re-activate Has Serial No. by issuing all the item but still it is saying it has transaction. So I am guessing it is freeze because it has transaction and balance doesnt matter. So do you have any other way, expect creating new item code.

Thanks