How to schedule daily downloading of data as csv file

Hi,

I want the ERP to download certain data such as sales order list to a particular folder on the machine as a csv file. This download should happen at a specific time each day. Can anyone please tell me how I can go about doing such a setting?

Thanks

The easiest way would be to a report create an Auto Email Report. This way you can schedule an email to be sent which can be downloaded:

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v13/user/manual/en/setting-up/email/auto-email-reports

Thanks for the suggestion , I’ll check it out.
Is there any way the enire thing can be automated as well?

You said you’ll check it out. If you check it out and don’t find what you are looking for, then come back and ask your follow-up question.

Thanks

Hi,
By doing this I still have to manually download the report from the email. I wanted to automate the entire process so that the csv file could then automatically be entered into my database tables without any manual intervention so just wanted to know if there is any other way you can suggest.
Thanks.

if you want data in the target database you should hit REST API and insert in your database itself provided your database is as per given schema

Hi,
Can you please tell me the basic steps for how I could do that
Thanks.