Try ERPNext Try Frappe Cloud Buy Support Partners Foundation

How to raise Automatic Material request

Hi,
 
What I tried
>Created an item named teacup and stored in warehouse named Store-My
>Mentioned reorder quantity as 50 and reorder level as 25 and saved(also enabled Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level and Notify by Email on creation of automatic Material Request)
>Created Purchase receipt for an item tea cup and mentioned received quantity as 50 and submitted
>I sold out 35 tea cup to a customer and generated delivery note and in stock balance found 15 teacups remaining 
>After that I not received any notification in Material request (notification about teacup ) 

My question is
>I mentioned teacup reorder level as 25 and when that reaches below reorder level(I sold out 35 tea cup out of 50) it is not  Raising Material Request automatically?
I don't know exactly How it works so if I m wrong please correct me and help me I m new to ERPNext

Regards,
Rahul



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/d8a5f899-5a58-40f8-92d0-3d69e9bb5c1e%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hello Rahul,


Auto material request works fine in system. Kindly re-check the setting and clear cache.

----
Sunil
Nescode (http://nescode.com)
Partner for ERPNext

On Monday, August 18, 2014 12:42:49 PM UTC+5:30, rahul nejanawar wrote:
Hi,
 
What I tried
>Created an item named teacup and stored in warehouse named Store-My
>Mentioned reorder quantity as 50 and reorder level as 25 and saved(also enabled Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level and Notify by Email on creation of automatic Material Request)
>Created Purchase receipt for an item tea cup and mentioned received quantity as 50 and submitted
>I sold out 35 tea cup to a customer and generated delivery note and in stock balance found 15 teacups remaining 
>After that I not received any notification in Material request (notification about teacup ) 

My question is
>I mentioned teacup reorder level as 25 and when that reaches below reorder level(I sold out 35 tea cup out of 50) it is not  Raising Material Request automatically?
I don’t know exactly How it works so if I m wrong please correct me and help me I m new to ERPNext

Regards,
Rahul



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/f1ca64a4-d7fa-48e9-9b4a-ad0a494c26a6%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thank you Sunil,
In stock setting I enabled Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level and email notify but still not getting any notification about material request


On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Sunil Kumar <su...@nescode.com> wrote:
Hello Rahul,

Auto material request works fine in system. Kindly re-check the setting and clear cache.

----
Sunil
Partner for ERPNext

On Monday, August 18, 2014 12:42:49 PM UTC+5:30, rahul nejanawar wrote:
Hi,
What I tried
>Created an item named teacup and stored in warehouse named Store-My
>Mentioned reorder quantity as 50 and reorder level as 25 and saved(also enabled Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level and Notify by Email on creation of automatic Material Request)
>Created Purchase receipt for an item tea cup and mentioned received quantity as 50 and submitted
>I sold out 35 tea cup to a customer and generated delivery note and in stock balance found 15 teacups remaining
>After that I not received any notification in Material request (notification about teacup )

My question is
>I mentioned teacup reorder level as 25 and when that reaches below reorder level(I sold out 35 tea cup out of 50) it is not Raising Material Request automatically?
I don't know exactly How it works so if I m wrong please correct me and help me I m new to ERPNext

Regards,
Rahul



You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/erpnext-user-forum/k3dweH3YHfk/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.


To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/f1ca64a4-d7fa-48e9-9b4a-ad0a494c26a6%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/CAAD7-dS2FyWqD6X4mqeUtd3XGe6uRtX4%2BQKJeFFXvOc4g8nvSQ%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Rahul,

Check if even auto-Material Request was created. If not, the problem could be deeper.

-Anand.


On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:05 PM, rahul nejanawar <ra…@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you Sunil,
In stock setting I enabled Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level and email notify but still not getting any notification about material request


On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Sunil Kumar <su...@nescode.com> wrote:
Hello Rahul,

Auto material request works fine in system. Kindly re-check the setting and clear cache.

----
Sunil
Partner for ERPNext

On Monday, August 18, 2014 12:42:49 PM UTC+5:30, rahul nejanawar wrote:
Hi,
What I tried
>Created an item named teacup and stored in warehouse named Store-My
>Mentioned reorder quantity as 50 and reorder level as 25 and saved(also enabled Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level and Notify by Email on creation of automatic Material Request)
>Created Purchase receipt for an item tea cup and mentioned received quantity as 50 and submitted
>I sold out 35 tea cup to a customer and generated delivery note and in stock balance found 15 teacups remaining
>After that I not received any notification in Material request (notification about teacup )

My question is
>I mentioned teacup reorder level as 25 and when that reaches below reorder level(I sold out 35 tea cup out of 50) it is not Raising Material Request automatically?
I don't know exactly How it works so if I m wrong please correct me and help me I m new to ERPNext

Regards,
Rahul



You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/erpnext-user-forum/k3dweH3YHfk/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/CAAD7-dS2FyWqD6X4mqeUtd3XGe6uRtX4%2BQKJeFFXvOc4g8nvSQ%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/CAAQzbF0%2BDQuAuefMFds%3Dfge18hk72Re_J2XeZ%2BqXZaVhat5t5Q%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi,

I want the system to automatically reorder items if the projected qty reaches to null.

An item was ordered by the customer but we did not have it in stock and the system does not have it on a purchase order. The only way for us to detect items like this is manually and it is very time consuming and there is a lot of room for human error.

Can you please look into how the system can automatically order items in this scenario?

However, before we go live with a change like this we need to make sure the projected qtys are correct, to avoid ordering unwanted copies for instance, reserved Qty is 3 which should be 2

Hello Abhi,

Mention reorder level and reorder quantity for your all items in item master. In stock setting enable Raise Material Request when stock reaches re-order level and email notify,then system automatically raise material request. From material request you can generate purchase orders. Please refer https://kb.erpnext.com/kb/stock/auto-creation-of-material-request

Regards,
Rahul

Thanks Rahul, just want to make sure of the following if erpnext has an inbuilt system to do it?

Scenario :
There is a Sales Order of 10 Qty

Steps:

  1.   System will check Inventory
    
  2.   Incase there are 4 Qty in Stock, system auto creates a PO for 6 Qty
    
  3.   Bin will reflect projected Qty as -6
    
  4.   Projected Qty = (Actual Qty - Ordered Qty)-Reserved Qty
    

i.e Projected Qty = (In Stock Qty - POs in draft) - Sales Order Qty
5. Projected Qty turns 0 when PO is Submitted

Case 1: PO is Stopped
· Projected Qty will be -6
· Eg: If there was a PR of Qty 2 against 6 Qtys, then Projected Qty will be -4
· Now, system shall auto create a PO against this negative projected Qty i.e. 4 Qty

Case 2: PO is Cancelled
· Projected Qty will be -6
· System will auto create a PO for this projected qty i.e. 6 Qty

Case 3: PO is deleted
· Can system create a new PO against the deleted POs. Assuming that when we choose a delete option, it means that we dont want any purchases for that item.
· Projected Qty in this case will remain -6. We will have to manually create a PO for this 6 Qty.
· Now, if there is a new SO (Qty 10) for the same item. It will show a projected Qty as -16 and system will auto create a PO for 16 Qty.

Please suggest if this flow is possible using any inbuilt erpnext functionality.

Thanks

I had the same issue…try using erpnext version 13.it worked for me
Material request will be automatically generated once the item quantity reaches the reorder level