How to nullify all entries in a fiscal year

Hello
We started using ERPNext for the 2017-18 Financial year, but due to functional reasons stopped in between, and continued it in Tally. Now we are about to start all fresh for the new Fiscal 2018-2019 in ERPNext. My query is, is there any way to nullify all 2017-18 accounting enries, so that the accumulated values in the Balance sheet does not show the incomplete half filled 2017-18 entries.
What is the best way to do this.

1. Should we delete the fiscal year 2017-18. Will it help.
  2. Once we know the closing balances from Tally for 2017-18. The way we do opening balance entry for a fiscal year, should we also do some entries such that 2017-18 erpnext closing balances match with Tally account heads closing balances. So that accumulated values in Balance sheet show up properly.
  3. Is there a way to reset all 2017-18 entries.

We could start in a new instance, but we need to load all our master data such as items, tax templates, customer, supp etc. Which is not easy.

Pls let us know.

How about hitting delete all Company transactions - Accounts>Company.

I don’t think that will delete the masters.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

I can only see “Delete Company Transactions”, it may delete Purchase Orders, Sales Orders and Stock Entries also.
Are you sure if only Accounts related data is deleted ?

1 Like

It will delete all the transactions means PO, SO and stock entries including accounting

Only the masters will not be deleted

1 Like

That’s what Kothagunda wants anyway, right?

Yep thats what we want. Will try it out. Thanks a lot for the clarifications .

What about Todo list, will that be cleared too.

Appreciate all the quick responses @JayRam @ushashmi and @dhananjay

Good question. Let us know the answer to that one. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Jay

Sure will update once we try it out :slight_smile:

Todo list will also be deleted

What about ta create a new company and then you can have all “old” data and start with a new chart of accounst, actually with numbers…

Just some toughts.

I think this will give usage issues. If we have two companies in same instance, C1 and C2. New set of chart of accounts will be there, so cash-c1, cash-c2 will be there and so on for all accounts. So everytime we need to pick the right account for the right company.

Better to Setup one new instance and export all the masters from old and import them in new one and start with fesh one

Also the old one can always be used for training and testing purposes

@kothagunda

Never tried, may be you right.

Developers can tell , my feeling is
if you use one company it uses only one chart of account it can’t be mixed,
it is set up on the first time and it should not allow to pick different accounts at all.

In my experience with using this, it deleted all transactions including the stock transfers. So my inventory levels were all screwed up. It also deletes the “New Stock Reconciliation” transactions which is where we ran into trouble as the original opening stock levels were removed.

I don’t like this function. It created chaos for me. IT seems the only really purpose of it is to wipe the slate completely clean so you can import all of your data again.

In fact I think I remember that it also wiped out the imports and other important data and settings was lost. It is a scary function and needs to be done on a staging server so you can evaluate the result before doing it live.

BKM

1 Like

You are absolutely right

Thanks for all the feedback. We will see if we can create a new instance and port our master data there.

So @ushashmi we need to use data import tool to extract all data, and import it onto to the new instance right, one docType at a time. Any better way. Also, we are currently on v9 and i guess the new instance we will be creating will be v10.

As far as the masters are concerned the Data exported from version 9 can be imported directly into version 10 without any change

Let me know in case you find any difficulties

So we ended doing a “Delete all Transactions” for the company and it worked out pretty well for us.
All the non transactional docTypes such as , items, item groups, Account Heads, wearhouses, Sales/Pur Tax Templates, Cust, Suppliers, BOM etc were all intact.

But before hitting the delete, we first downloaded all the Todo’s list. as the Delete transactions, will erase TODO’s . We then uploaded all TODO’s.

All transactions such as Sales, Purchase, Stock, Journal entries were erased. The balance sheet and P&L were a clean slate.

Thank you for all the responses.

Hay guys,
I read all above comments, I am also in same situation now to start fresh without deleting lots of entries in previous fiscal year.
What am going to do is simply add opening or closing JV to balance all the balance sheet figures.

Please let me know if you have any other better solution for it.