How to make entry of petty cash in erpnext?

Hi, Can you assist me on how to make entry for petty cash in erpnext?

======================================================================
This email message was sent by website visitor while all operators were offline
User Details:

IP Address: 122.167.138.135
Host Name: 122.167.138.135
Referrer: http://s5.iwebnotes.com/index.cgi
Browser/OS: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3

Hi Navin,

To make petty cash entry, you need to make a JV

1. Credit the "Cash Book" 
2. Debit the expense head you want to book the entry against.

If you want to accrue the expense to a vendor / employee then you can make a purchase invoice in the name of the vendor and go to "next steps" in the purchase invoice (after submitting) and click on the "Make Payment JV" button.

Then you can make a payment against the Purchase Invoice by debiting the Supplier / Employee and crediting the "Cash Book" account.

if you have any trouble doing this entry or anything else, we can walk you through the process with Live Chatting on M-F 10am - 6pm

Hope this was useful!

regards,
- Rushabh

On Oct 3, 2010, at 5:45 PM, Navin Parwal wrote:

User Details:

Host Name:  122.167.138.135
  Browser/OS: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
erpnext

World's most affordable ERP - Rs 299/user/month

Hi Rushabh,

I think erpnext is missing Cash Book Report or atleast I cannot find a way to see the cash book.
The problem I am facing is as below:

1. We make cash entries via JV where we Cr Cash and Dr the Expense heads
    • Please note that the Cash Entry made is for single day so we would have Cash on Cr Side maybe one or more than one times and also there would be multiple debit side of expenses.
    • example: Cr Cash = 10,000, Dr Exp1 = 5000, Dr Exp2 = 3000, Dr Exp3 = 2000/- or another way this voucher could be entered is
    • example2: Cr Cash= 5000, Dr Exp1 = 5000, Cr Cash = 3000, Cr Exp2 = 3000, Cr Cash = 2000, Dr Exp3 = 2000/-
    • Please note that the above 2 are single vouchers only
  2. Now if we need to analyse the cash expenses at the end of the month then we would want to see a report which would show the following details:
    • Column - 1 : Cash
    • Column - 2: Debit Account name (exp1, Exp2, exp3 etc)
    • Column 3 : Amount
    • Column 4 : Cr or Debit
    • Column 5: Running Cash Balance of the account like in Cash Book.
Let me know if there is any kind of report present in the current scenario.

On Sunday, October 3, 2010 6:50:10 PM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Hi Navin,

If you want to accrue the expense to a vendor / employee then you can make a purchase invoice in the name of the vendor and go to "next steps" in the purchase invoice (after submitting) and click on the "Make Payment JV" button.

Then you can make a payment against the Purchase Invoice by debiting the Supplier / Employee and crediting the "Cash Book" account.

if you have any trouble doing this entry or anything else, we can walk you through the process with Live Chatting on M-F 10am - 6pm

Hope this was useful!

regards,
- Rushabh

User Details:

Host Name:  122.167.138.135

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
erpnext

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/e79e4996-15ba-418a-a652-d6f908dd151a%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

The report is missing in erpnext. Please raise an issue in github.

On 2 May 2014 09:44, "Addy" <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Rushabh,

I think erpnext is missing Cash Book Report or atleast I cannot find a way to see the cash book.
The problem I am facing is as below:

1. We make cash entries via JV where we Cr Cash and Dr the Expense heads
    • Please note that the Cash Entry made is for single day so we would have Cash on Cr Side maybe one or more than one times and also there would be multiple debit side of expenses.
    • example: Cr Cash = 10,000, Dr Exp1 = 5000, Dr Exp2 = 3000, Dr Exp3 = 2000/- or another way this voucher could be entered is
    • example2: Cr Cash= 5000, Dr Exp1 = 5000, Cr Cash = 3000, Cr Exp2 = 3000, Cr Cash = 2000, Dr Exp3 = 2000/-
    • Please note that the above 2 are single vouchers only
  2. Now if we need to analyse the cash expenses at the end of the month then we would want to see a report which would show the following details:
    • Column - 1 : Cash
    • Column - 2: Debit Account name (exp1, Exp2, exp3 etc)
    • Column 3 : Amount
    • Column 4 : Cr or Debit
    • Column 5: Running Cash Balance of the account like in Cash Book.
Let me know if there is any kind of report present in the current scenario.

On Sunday, October 3, 2010 6:50:10 PM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Hi Navin,

Hope this was useful!

regards,
- Rushabh

User Details:

Host Name: 122.167.138.135

erpnext

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/e79e4996-15ba-418a-a652-d6f908dd151a%40googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/CAMfNnTg8JeOWst495RzVKcPrrFq7bnwF6wLN%2BBJj6__gC%3D93Jw%40mail.gmail.com.

1 Like

This thread is still open about petty cash, and it is no longer valid. Is there a way to close this thread? I am still looking for a proper answer for petty cash.

1 Like