How to install ERPNext on digital ocean and connect domain name with ssl and restrict public ip

Hey can anyone guide me for the following:

1)install erpnext on fresh digital ocean ubuntu server
2) Connect domain name to that
3)then install ssl on that domain with auto renewal.
4) once domain is setup . Access via droplet IP will be disabled.

1 Like

Search the documentation of frappe and ERPNext for the following. Should help you out.

1. Use the easy_install script
  2. Use a CNAME or A Record and add domain to your site config.
  3. Refer the Frappe Documentation on SSL Setup/Letsencrypt setup.
  4. Configure in NGINX.

Alternately, if you want to save yourself the effort, you can go for a hosted option on a provider like frappe.cloud

2 Likes

Preferably, you should go with the cloud hosting that ERPNext offers. However, your question seems very specific. The exact answer can be found on youtube. I don’t know if i am allowed to share links to it.

I have tried this and working fine.

Manual installation

Then apply below thread for SSL

This one for easy installation script.

If you don’t want to headache then choice is the best to adopt https://frappecloud.com/

1 Like

I have installed the erpnext and added domain also but when I add ssl as per frappe documentation then my nginx stops working and no ssl is visible sometime turning dns multitenat work but ssl is not visible .
here is error I get after adding ssl
Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status nginx.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

I have installed the erpnext and added domain also but when I add ssl as per frappe documentation then my nginx stops working and no ssl is visible sometime turning dns multitenat work but ssl is not visible .
here is error I get after adding ssl
Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status nginx.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

hi @Ashutosh

that usually happens when there error in nginx.conf.

This would most probably due to SSL certificate not installed correctly in the letsencrypt/live folder and nginx is unable to find the certificates. ( usually from improper bench install letsencrypt)

The best way out of this is to use the certbot method directly from letsencrypt website. Follow the process for your server type. restart nginx and you should be good to go.

Hi @Ashutosh, please find the thread. Please Help Step by Step Guide SSL Installation - #15 by auliabismar