How to install a stable ERPNext version

Hi,

I am trying to install ERPNext using 6.27.24 as I am having issues with the latest version("There were errors" message while configuring ERPNext - #6 by spoojary).

I removed the sites, deleted frappe-bench and executed

$bench init frappe-bench && cd frappe-bench
$bench switch-to-branch 6.27.24
$bench update --patch
$bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)

did not find /home/spoojary/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/public/js/lib/notify.js
did not find /home/spoojary/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/public/js/lib/tag-it.min.js

$bench new-site site.vdecor
$bench --site site.vdecor install-app erpnext
$ bench version
erpnext 7.2.30
frappe 7.2.30

So certainly it isn’t using the version I switched to. Any idea how to get this working?

I think it should not work this way. For a stable erpnext, use master branch instead of develop. So if you are in develop, you can switch to master.

version numbers are not branches but tags.

You need to go to the individual apps in your frappe-bench/apps folder and change to go a tag using git checkout tags/6.27.24

I did try ‘bench switch-to-master’, which didn’t help me. I ran that under frappe-bench, not sure whether that matters, but the version remained as 7.2.30. Perhaps that itself was master, but broken build, in which case I was looking at an older version that surely worked. I understand downgrade is difficult to maintain, so wanted to see if there was any option to start with an older stable version of the product.

Not quite sure I was looking for that as I haven’t started developing yet. I wanted to install and test an working version from 6.x branch, and couldn’t find an easy way of doing it. Installing a specific version of the product is useful for beginners especially when the current active branch is undergoing lot of code changes…

I am running the 7.2.30 (master branch) and it is really stable.

The development branch is the one that is getting a lot of changes and some parts mIght break from time to time but it definetly works.

With the git checkout command you will get to the version you want. If you checkout master it will go up to 7.2.30

Regards

Thanks @Pau_Rosello_Van_Scho,

For some reason 7.2.30 master didn’t work for me for two days. It failed yesterday as well, then I switched to development, where it worked. Perhaps it is just the initial setup wizard that was broken and went unnoticed. Anyways, I will check git checkout if/when I get into this issue again…

exact command is $ git checkout tags/v10.0.7

I get this error when I switch

bench@MMERP1:~/erpnext/apps/erpnext$ git checkout tags/v10.0.7
error: pathspec 'tags/v10.0.7' did not match any file(s) known to git.

but it worked for folder frappe

bench@MMERP1:~/erpnext/apps/frappe$ git checkout tags/v10.0.7
Previous HEAD position was aeed481... Merge branch 'hotfix'
HEAD is now at 648af86... Merge branch 'hotfix'
``