How to go back previous version

How to go back previous version installation as my new version is not working correctly

@hereabdulla, use bench drop-site site1.local to remove your actual site, and run

bench switch-to-master
bench new-site site1.local --install-app erpnext

Edit: dont forgot that do you need be in frappe-bench folder to run this!

I have already site1.local is running when I drop it what about the data

I update to v7 but I cant assign role to user when I am saving it did u know any solution for this

@hereabdulla, the solution is wait a bit, since in the weekend, is not common for the people work in the world! (but have exceptions), the guys will fix it soon!

If you have data, so, was a bad idea try to upgrade without have the announcement of the ERPNext v7 ready!

Currently, the things can break! And system managers should know it! :slight_smile:

I am only updated to v6.27.19

@hereabdulla, so you can return using git!

go to the frappe and erpnext folders and run

git revert -bytag "v6.27.19"

and

bench migrate

in frappe-bench folder!

to get a complete list of releases

usage: git revert [options] <commit-ish>...
   or: git revert <subcommand>

--quit                end revert or cherry-pick sequence
    --continue            resume revert or cherry-pick sequence
    --abort               cancel revert or cherry-pick sequence
    -n, --no-commit       don't automatically commit
    -e, --edit            edit the commit message
    -s, --signoff         add Signed-off-by:
    -m, --mainline <n>    parent number
    --rerere-autoupdate   update the index with reused conflict resolution if possible
    --strategy <strategy>
                          merge strategy
    -X, --strategy-option <option>
                          option for merge strategy

@hereabdulla, sorry for my mistake!

git reset --hard "v6.27.18"

Due, 6.27.18 is the previous version!

1 Like

do I need to backup and restore dbs or I can do directly

@hereabdulla, backups never are a bad choice!

vhrs@vhrs-HP-Z210-Workstation:~/frappe-bench$ bench migrate
Migrating site1.local
Executing execute:frappe.reload_doc('core', 'doctype', 'doctype', force=True) #2016-02-17 in site1.local (1bd3e0294d)
Success
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py", line 79, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py", line 16, in main
    click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name='bench')
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 716, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 696, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1060, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1060, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 889, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 534, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/decorators.py", line 17, in new_func
    return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/__init__.py", line 24, in _func
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/site.py", line 163, in migrate
    fullname = os.path.join(sitedir, name)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/migrate.py", line 29, in migrate
    frappe.model.sync.sync_all(verbose=verbose)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/sync.py", line 19, in sync_all
    sync_for(app, force, verbose=verbose)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/sync.py", line 43, in sync_for
    import_file_by_path(doc_path, force=force)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/import_file.py", line 54, in import_file_by_path
    import_doc(doc, force=force, data_import=data_import, pre_process=pre_process)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/import_file.py", line 122, in import_doc
    doc.insert()
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 203, in insert
    self.db_insert()
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/base_document.py", line 282, in db_insert
    ), d.values())
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py", line 136, in sql
    self._cursor.execute(query, values)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 205, in execute
    self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
  File "/home/vhrs/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
    raise errorclass, errorvalue
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1048, "Column 'track_seen' cannot be null")

@hereabdulla, so, the version that do you updated, introduce a change, that is not easy to reverse! The best choice, is upgrade again, and wait to the fix!

Or maybe do you can make the fix, and open a pull request, to get it ASAP!