How to get email icon or is it dicontiuned?

i am on erpnext 12
does anyone know how to get email notifications and the email icon on the home screen at the top ? how do i know if i got an email ?

do i need to go to communicatiosn mahually and check ti all day ? this is a joke…

Ideally a notification should come in chrome or email icon should some kind sound or pop up?

1 Like

No one has any idea ? wow
can anyone just tell is the icon functionality still there… i cant seem to find it guys…
been struggling for 3 days…

Do you have “Enable Incoming” checked? Under Settings → Email Account

yes !!1

add email domain, then added email account, then added email to a user … but still i dont see the icon…

All i see is this :

but not the email icon

What about the “Settings → My Settings” in the navigation bar. Then under “Email Inbox”?

in my setting when going into email inbox there is no such “enable incoming” setting buddy…

i have added the email to use there though

pls see…

Do you think it could be a permissions issue?

hmm how because this is administrator login… hen i install erpnext12 is the first login …

Yeah if you’re admin then it should show if it’s working properly

Does this post help? https://discuss.frappe.io/t/email-inbox-desktop-icon-missing/62595/4

are u able to see the bell icon n email icon at the top ?

also i have installed erpnext13 i could find email ic one then again installed 12 but still again issue…

Someone mentioned this https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/setting-up/email/email-inbox#4-linking-email-account-in-the-user-master

this post doesnt help as ofcourse i can see emails in communication but i am taking about icon at the top ? how to get that…

because if i dont have icon how do i know if i got an email or not… cant go in communications n chek all the time…

thats what the screenshot is that i sent, email is already added to user master… no still no icon…

but here there is not bell icon …
Email Inbox instead it says 99… i guess thats email icon

I’m not seeing it either :frowning:

ok so how are u being informed if there is an email ? are u getting any kind of notifications when u get a new email ?

Nothing. I have to do the same thing as you I guess. I didn’t have the email setup until now. I assumed it would just work!