How to export Script Reports in Custom App?

I created a custom app to export customizations I made on documents, fields, and print formats. I added “Report” as well to the fixtures property in hooks.py.
While the Report.json file under Fixtures folder included all properties of the reports, I am still not sure how to include the python script files for "Script Report"s.
Any clue?

1 Like

Very good question and thank you @Muhannad_Abdeljawwad For this post.
I need also to add one thing:
How to export the changes that done for doctype_list.js and doctype_dashboard.py?
Example, if I did changes on the sales_invoice_list.js and changes to the sales_invoice_dashboard.py, then how I can export these changes?

Or, is there a way in the custom application hooks.py to add configuration that determine from where to take the sales_invoice_list.js and the sales_invoice_dashboard.py, so they can be added in the custom application and to be used instead of these in the original application?

I need a way to add changes for the list and dashboard that will not be affected when doing update and can be added automatically when doing new installation, how? hooks.py can help?

Regards
Bilal

The short answer, no need to export custom report scripts. These are automatically created in a report folder under the custom app upon creating the script report from within the application/desk. Just make sure Developer Mode is set and you choose the module name in the Script Report definition page to be that of your custom app.

Hope this helps somebody else.

This issue can be closed now.

1 Like