How to ensure that the Item Defaults Table in Variant is same as that of the Template?

Hi,

In v11 there is a item default table to define the various defaults like Selling Account, Default Warehouse etc in the item master and since its a table we can have multiple values but the problem I am facing is that I am unable to insure that the item default table should be copied directly to the variant.

The problem is that users who are basically making the item codes are not well conversant with these defaults and hence they select wrong values, earlier since some of these fields were part of the item master only then they used to get copied to the variant and the user never used to bother about them but now its a child table which is not getting copied from the template.

So basically I have 2 issues:

1. The item defaults table should get copied to the variant when creating a new item.
  2. The item defaults table should have the same values as the template no digression (this could be a specific requirement from our end only).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

You can add item_default to Item Variant Settings to get the table copied to the variant.