How to disable 'READ ONLY' on UOM field (Quotation Item DOCTYPE)?

How to disable ‘READ ONLY’ on UOM field (Quotation Item DOCTYPE) ?

When i try to disable READ ONLY option on UOM field, and save, i have the message :
“You cannot disable “Read Only” for the field UOM”

How to ?

Can you explain your usage case for trying to change the UOM of a quotation item?

Typically if you’re trying to change something and it won’t let you, it’s because you are not using the system correctly.

OK… If you are logged in as Administrator you should be able to change it. But like I said before, you probably aren’t using the system correctly if you are trying to disable a read only field and it tells you that you can’t…

If you want to answer my question, maybe you can get better guidance on how to properly approach your issue: [quote=“Ben_Cornwell_Mott, post:2, topic:15777”]
Can you explain your usage case for trying to change the UOM of a quotation item?
[/quote]

As @Ben_Cornwell_Mott asked why do you want to disable it? If you want to change the UOM for that item change it in Item master.

Sometimes , we sell an article with a FORFAIT PRICE instead units.

I am not sure if I understand correctly but there has to be some sort of UOM for flat rate also. You can create your UOM for that item.

As usual, formated answer !
Thank you

Thank you to all those who tried to help me.
But as usual , I finally found the solution I did not hesitate to share to avoid withholding information that some actively practice here.

Solution // to disable READONLY on doctype field

Login Administrator user

First, Edit the doctype
Edit the field
Desactivate READ ONLY

Then, Edit the form
Edit the field
Desactivate READ ONLY

This community is as open as it can be, we do not withhold information but just try to enforce some good practices.