How to create salary structure for an employee?

Masters required for creating salary structure are:

1. Earning type
  2. Deduction type

Steps in creating salary structure:

1. Select the employee
  2. Mark status. Whether Active or not.
  3. Put dates
  4. Save salary structure. On save all earning and deduction types will
    be pulled into form.
  5. Put amount in front of earning and deduction types.
    Note: Income tax amount will be fetched in salary slip if IT
    checklist is done for this employee
  6. LWP stands for leave without pay. Check mark the categories which
    will effect its earning
  7. Click on calculate total and save.

Salary structure creation is one time activity which serves as a tools
in generating salary slip for each month of the employee.

Hi,

I have been wanting to know the following about the HR module:

1. Calculation of Deductions for Employees: This is based on the One of the Salary portions like Basic Salary and is based on Percentage is it possible to enter the percentage or we have to put the amount of deduction, and if we put the amount of deduction then would this be able to calculate the amount if there are some Leaves like depends on LWP.
  2. Calculation of salary based on number of hours, like in our organisation we pay the labour based on the number of hours they have worked in a month. So if a month has 25 working days and the total number of hours is 25* 8 - 200 hours then the basic salary is calculated with 200 hours and any hours worked more than this is considered as Over time. Now there is a separate rate for the calculation of OT and I think this kind of a thing is not possible in ERP.
  3. Also once the Salary Slip is made the account should be mentioned in the JV along with the amounts but I guess that is also not possible, another thing is that the the JV is made for one Salary Slip at a time which basically looses the kind of secrecy which erpnext manual talks about. I think the one JV should be made for all the Salary slips something like a batch thing.
Kindly let me know

On Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:33:28 PM UTC+5:30, Umair Sayyed wrote:
1. Earning type
2. Deduction type

1. Select the employee
3. Put dates
be pulled into form.
5. LWP stands for leave without pay. Check mark the categories which
will effect its earning
6. Click on calculate total and save.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

1. Currently rule based calculation is not available in ERPNext. You have to calculate all figures manually to make salary structure.
2. There is an github issue regarding this (https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/issues/871).
3. You are right, for secrecy, you should make a single JV for all the salary slips and you can get the total figure easily from the report.

On 11-Jan-2014, at 11:35 AM, Addy wrote:

Hi,

I have been wanting to know the following about the HR module:

1. Calculation of Deductions for Employees: This is based on the One of the Salary portions like Basic Salary and is based on Percentage is it possible to enter the percentage or we have to put the amount of deduction, and if we put the amount of deduction then would this be able to calculate the amount if there are some Leaves like depends on LWP.
  2. Calculation of salary based on number of hours, like in our organisation we pay the labour based on the number of hours they have worked in a month. So if a month has 25 working days and the total number of hours is 25* 8 - 200 hours then the basic salary is calculated with 200 hours and any hours worked more than this is considered as Over time. Now there is a separate rate for the calculation of OT and I think this kind of a thing is not possible in ERP.
  3. Also once the Salary Slip is made the account should be mentioned in the JV along with the amounts but I guess that is also not possible, another thing is that the the JV is made for one Salary Slip at a time which basically looses the kind of secrecy which erpnext manual talks about. I think the one JV should be made for all the Salary slips something like a batch thing.
Kindly let me know

On Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:33:28 PM UTC+5:30, Umair Sayyed wrote:
1. Earning type
2. Deduction type

1. Select the employee
3. Put dates
be pulled into form.
5. LWP stands for leave without pay. Check mark the categories which
will effect its earning
6. Click on calculate total and save.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.